New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Nikon adapter for Fuji Mount

sharkman

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nikon adapter for Fuji Mount

Hi Folks,
Has anyone used an adapter for Nikon glass to be able to be used with a Fuji camera body? I am looking for one, but not sure which one to go with, plus a wide price range out there, not sure if the most expensive means it is the best one.
Thanks for the help.

Jul 13, 2016 at 12:29 PM
mawz
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nikon adapter for Fuji Mount

I used to use a cheap eBay adapter for this, it worked fine for my uses, which mostly was using 50mm, 100mm and 135mm lenses as cheap telephoto options.

The more expensive adapters have finer tolerances and are less likely to need shimming for infinity out of the box. Which is best depends on what lenses you are using. the shorter the focal length, the more sensitive the lens is to tolerances in adapter depth. Also if you are using lenses with CRC (floating elements), rear focusing or internal focusing, they are more sensitive than standard helical focusing lenses as their focusing systems are tuned for an exact mount-sensor distance.

Jul 13, 2016 at 01:09 PM
cputeq
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Nikon adapter for Fuji Mount

I've usually used the Fotodiox or other $30 adapters with not much problem. Do note though that I frock the inside of my adapters with telescope adhesive frocking material to help counter glare.

Jul 13, 2016 at 08:58 PM
gpop
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Nikon adapter for Fuji Mount

I've been happy with the cheap ones from amazon. even got a nifty adapter with a tilt function, another with shift. I'm also very happy with the metabones speed booster (early version).
the quality of the cheap ones is good enough for my hobby purposes, I might not be at ease hanging heavy and expensive glass from one.

Jul 13, 2016 at 09:28 PM
taemo
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Nikon adapter for Fuji Mount

I have a Lens Turbo II so that I can use my AI-S lenses close to it's original focal length, tested it with a CV 20mm, 28mm 2.8 AI-S and 50mm 1.4 AI-S and works great.

otherwise, I bought a cheap FX-M adapter on Amazon or Ebay, so that I could use my M-AIS and M-FD adapter

Jul 13, 2016 at 09:46 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.