FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Sisters Rocks, Oregon

jcberlin
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sisters Rocks, Oregon

Taken during incoming tide at Sisters Rocks State Park, Oregon. C&C welcomed and appreciated.

Canon EOS-1D Mark II
Sigma 15.0-30.0 mm
16mm/ƒ/10/1/2s/ISO 100

-Carl

Color

B&W

Jul 10, 2016 at 02:30 PM
DaleBerlin
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sisters Rocks, Oregon

Very nice I really like the B&W. I like the composition and the exposure time of the water. IMHO, you need a little more detail in the shadows, and the clouds look a bit crispy, but overall well done..

Jul 10, 2016 at 02:59 PM
angel manguel
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sisters Rocks, Oregon

Of the two I prefer the B&W. Crank up the contrast a little too. Well captured. Did you get wet at all?

Alan

Jul 10, 2016 at 04:35 PM
jcberlin
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sisters Rocks, Oregon

angel manguel wrote:
Of the two I prefer the B&W. Crank up the contrast a little too. Well captured. Did you get wet at all?

Alan

Did I get wet...oh you have no idea. About 10 minutes after this shot, while taking photos of a near by sea cave, I was blind sided by a very large wave soaking me head to toe along with my equipment. I have yet to turn the camera back on in fear of what may happen.

Jul 10, 2016 at 07:36 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sisters Rocks, Oregon

Hey Carl,

The B&W version is much better. In the color the blue in the sky seems very odd compared to the test of the shot where it looks like it is already B&W or almost. It just feels odd. The B&W has none of that, and it has some nice deep blacks, it looks great. What I would suggest is a slight crop off the bottom to lose those 2 rocks on the lower left. I think the bottom of the shot will flow better without those to break it up.

I hope your camera is okay, you better check it soon though.

Jim

Jul 11, 2016 at 02:46 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.