Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2016 · F-Stop Red Bull Ajna RECEIVED!

Jeff
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · F-Stop Red Bull Ajna RECEIVED!

Finally, 9 months later.

Must admit it looks every bit as good as in the pics on the website, best color they've ever made.

Color name on the tag? Gargoyle.

Hope these guys can get their proverbial $hite together now...

-Jeff

Edited on Jul 09, 2016 at 02:13 PM · View previous versions

Jul 09, 2016 at 12:48 PM
killersnowman
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · F-Stop Red Bull Ajna RECEIVED!

Still waiting on mine... I haven't even gotten a ship confirmation yet. It does look really nice. Should be a great pack if i ever get mine

Jul 09, 2016 at 01:58 PM
Jeff
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · F-Stop Red Bull Ajna RECEIVED!

My 17-year old son just said: "You coulda had another child in the time it took to get that thing!"

lol

Jul 11, 2016 at 11:01 PM
DGC1
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · F-Stop Red Bull Ajna RECEIVED!

What's so special about this bag?

Jul 12, 2016 at 08:32 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · F-Stop Red Bull Ajna RECEIVED!

in what sense are you asking?
what's special about the pack in general?
or
what's special about this particular version of it?

Jul 12, 2016 at 08:44 AM
Jeff
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · F-Stop Red Bull Ajna RECEIVED!

What's so special about *this* bag is the new color scheme (for F-Stop), and the fact that it took nearly nine months to conceive. I guess also the fact that it appears to be the first RB Ajna delivered, that I've heard of. It's been a long, arduous journey...

DGC1 wrote:
What's so special about this bag?

Jul 12, 2016 at 10:59 AM
killersnowman
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · F-Stop Red Bull Ajna RECEIVED!

Was there any sort of added value for the wait? Any small token for being patient or should we just be grateful they even decided to ship a product at all?

Jul 12, 2016 at 11:15 AM
Jeff
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · F-Stop Red Bull Ajna RECEIVED!

The latter, for sure.

Jul 12, 2016 at 11:26 AM
killersnowman
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · F-Stop Red Bull Ajna RECEIVED!

hey jeff, a quick question.... are you in anyway associated with Red Bull? or live in Asia or Oceania (what ever that is). i only ask because i emailed fstop the other day and got a peculiar response back. I asked generally what the status of my order was and why others have been receiving theirs while i have nothing. general griping. the response i got back was interesting to say the least... here it is:

FSTOP SUPPORT wrote:
Hello Tyler

Your Red Bull Photography Ajna is currently on a container ship heading into the US. It is expected there towards the end of this month & your order should be one of the first ones to be shipped.

The folks you have heard about getting their packs are actually a run of 75 pieces built especially for Red Bull Folks, or people who had ordered from Asia or Oceania where we can ship from our Hong Kong warehouse.

Kind regards,

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

i see in your bio that you are in Golden CO so that rules out Asia and ?!Oceania!? so are you repped by red bull? if you were i would suspect that you arent doing a very good job as you have been complaining about this delay for a long time...

any thoughts?

thanks

Tyler

Jul 14, 2016 at 08:33 PM
Jeff
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · F-Stop Red Bull Ajna RECEIVED!

No thoughts. I've been using F-Stop bags for quite a few years now, and may have been one of the very first to order the RB Ajna. Over the months I've received several personal emails and phone calls to update me on the status of the order, and I haven't been shy about telling them what I think about their spiralling business practices. They've known for six months that I had both a domestic and international trip that I needed the bag for, and delivery missed them both.

killersnowman wrote:
hey jeff, a quick question.... are you in anyway associated with Red Bull? or live in Asia or Oceania (what ever that is). i only ask because i emailed fstop the other day and got a peculiar response back. I asked generally what the status of my order was and why others have been receiving theirs while i have nothing. general griping. the response i got back was interesting to say the least... here it is:

i see in your bio that you are in Golden CO so that rules out Asia and ?!Oceania!? so are you repped by red bull?
...Show more

Jul 14, 2016 at 09:51 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · F-Stop Red Bull Ajna RECEIVED!

The bag is called Red Bull. Anyone can order it.

EBH

Jul 14, 2016 at 10:39 PM
killersnowman
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · F-Stop Red Bull Ajna RECEIVED!

Jeff wrote:
No thoughts. I've been using F-Stop bags for quite a few years now, and may have been one of the very first to order the RB Ajna. Over the months I've received several personal emails and phone calls to update me on the status of the order, and I haven't been shy about telling them what I think about their spiralling business practices. They've known for six months that I had both a domestic and international trip that I needed the bag for, and delivery missed them both.

Good to know jeff,

i will deffinitely bring this obvious lie to ian when i email him on his personal email (which is probably maned by 5 ppl at this point). pretty unbelievable that they think that this is a good excuse for what they have done

now im actually mad. this is an outright deception and it must not stand. im sorry, i usually dont get worked up and i really didnt think you were a RED BULL shill but i wanted some proof to link ian to. this is ridiculous

cheers!

-Tyler

Jul 14, 2016 at 11:19 PM
Jeff
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · F-Stop Red Bull Ajna RECEIVED!

Ummmm... I'm not sure I'd get that worked up about it? It could be as simple as the fact they knew I needed a bag for a trip, and tried to get it into my hands as quickly as possible (especially since I requested it be *shipped from Hong Kong* as soon as production arrives for distribution)? Perhaps it's not Ian lying to you, but their Customer Service going above and beyond for admittedly a single person, which would obviously be impossible to do for the 1500 RB Ajnas ordered.

Easy for me to be cup-half-full with bag in hand, but that's how I see it. Not sure when you ordered, but it's no excuse that anyone should have to wait so long for a product.

-Jeff

killersnowman wrote:
Good to know jeff,

i will deffinitely bring this obvious lie to ian when i email him on his personal email (which is probably maned by 5 ppl at this point). pretty unbelievable that they think that this is a good excuse for what they have done

now im actually mad. this is an outright deception and it must not stand. im sorry, i usually dont get worked up and i really didnt think you were a RED BULL shill but i wanted some proof to link ian to. this is ridiculous

cheers!

-Tyler

Jul 14, 2016 at 11:50 PM
Jeff
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · F-Stop Red Bull Ajna RECEIVED!

And I'm pretty sure that first 75 were pre-produced and delivered long ago.

Jul 14, 2016 at 11:56 PM
killersnowman
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · F-Stop Red Bull Ajna RECEIVED!

yes but you didn't even get it in time for your trips so why go the extra mile for you and why specify groups of people that get them early when you aren't aren't even a member of those groups? if they said Red Bull Insiders, people in Asia and Oceania, and people that REALLY needed them... then ok. but they laid out a group of people that you are not a part of. soooo thats a lie. it may be innocuous but its still a deception.

and yes the 75 pieces you are referring to are mentioned in the response to my inquiry. those are not the ones im interested in. im interested in why you got yours and none of us got ours. did you pay extra for your drop shipment from china? or was it fstop just hammering the tallest nail? you screamed the loudest and got your pack and the rest of us got ours on a shipping vessel?

im not mad at you, but from what it looks like, you got yours drop shipped and the rest of us got ours on a slow 20 day shipping vessel voyage. just trying to figure out why?

Jul 15, 2016 at 12:21 AM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · F-Stop Red Bull Ajna RECEIVED!

Ain't the only Red Bull no-show: 'Boss'

Jul 15, 2016 at 05:57 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · F-Stop Red Bull Ajna RECEIVED!

"entitlement"

Jul 15, 2016 at 07:51 AM
Jeff
• • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · F-Stop Red Bull Ajna RECEIVED!

Tyler, it sure sounds like you're a bit perturbed... at me.

I don't know what to tell you, maybe they got the dates of my trips wrong? They only missed by a few weeks.

Just out of curiosity:

How long have you been an F-Stop customer?

How many F-Stop bags do you own? How many ICUs? How many accessories?

Have you ever sold an F-Stop bag as used?

Have you ever posted a review of one of their products?

Have you ever given them specific feedback as to features, design, durability, or materials?

Have you ever posted any 'in-the-wild' user pictures to their Facebook feed?

Have you ever frequented forums answering general questions about F-Stop gear?

Have you ever been the Moderator of a forum with >225k members?

Have you ever tried to get a refund from F-Stop?

Have you ever had a warranty claim with F-Stop?

Have you ever spent 30 minutes on the phone with one of their Customer Service representatives outlining specific details as to how their business approach is failing their customer base? Multiple times? Over the course of years?

I have no idea why they treated me different than you, but you probably need to face the fact that your pack is deep inside a ship crossing the Pacific Ocean. I've been there, trust me, I know that place you're in.

Lashing out at me won't help your situation, though (despite your assertion that it's "not personal", a whole bunch of subtle language in your posts to me/regarding me might suggest otherwise). You should take the time to sit down and write a cogent assessment of your experiences with F-Stop, then sit on it 24 hours and edit it before sending it to Ian.

I'm pretty sure that F-Stop knows they have problems with their customer base, ongoing problems with the supply chain, and increasingly concerning issues with how they continue to do business (I feel like we were all kickstarters for the RB Ajna, and for all we know the market is about to be flooded with that color scheme). The question is: will anything change?

If you get a hold of Ian and he agrees to re-direct your pack to me, I'd be happy to drop this one off at UPS on your dime. I don't need it for awhile, as my travel window is behind me and I have other packs I can make do with. Have him email me with confirmation if you'd like to go that route, but that's a lot of jumping through hoops when your pack is presumably some small number of weeks from being shipped to you, after this arduous 8-month wait.

I'm going to go mow the lawn.

Jeff

killersnowman wrote:
yes but you didn't even get it in time for your trips so why go the extra mile for you and why specify groups of people that get them early when you aren't aren't even a member of those groups? if they said Red Bull Insiders, people in Asia and Oceania, and people that REALLY needed them... then ok. but they laid out a group of people that you are not a part of. soooo thats a lie. it may be innocuous but its still a deception.

and yes the 75 pieces you are referring to are mentioned in the
...Show more

Jul 15, 2016 at 10:12 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · F-Stop Red Bull Ajna RECEIVED!

actually my original Ajna came across the Pacific pond direct too back last August 2015.

customer- 5 yrs

bags- currently 1 pack and 2 ICUs and a few straps

f-Stop bags sold- (2) 1 Loka 1 Satori

reviews done - 1 minor one here on FM

feedback on features- yes but never saw results

shots- 1 sent directly to them*

forums- yes

moderator- no

refund- yes. 1 in process right now.

warranty claim- none

*image below

Jul 15, 2016 at 11:33 AM
killersnowman
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · F-Stop Red Bull Ajna RECEIVED!

im in no way mad at you. lets get that straight. i think its great you got yours. im just disturbed at the practices of this company. the continuous lies and deception are hard to take and after i got that email from fstop saying the only ppl that have them are Red Bull ppl and those in Asia and Oceania... i thought, wow Jeff has one... its just a pattern of terrible service from fstop. it finally hit me and im mad as anyone that ordered this product should be.

me owning fstop products or accessories should have no bearing on wether my outrage is justified or not. in fact i was completely fine with waiting because i already have an fstop pack and know its a great product. so i waited....

ill answer these ridiculous querstions... even just asking some of these make you seem like an insider?!?! who asks about being a forum moderator? ummm ok

How long have you been an F-Stop customer?
First Bag purchased in 2012

How many F-Stop bags do you own? How many ICUs? How many accessories?
1 Bag, 2 ICUs and a couple of the outside strap things that i never use

Have you ever sold an F-Stop bag as used?
Nope

Have you ever posted a review of one of their products?
Nope

Have you ever given them specific feedback as to features, design, durability, or materials?
Nope

Have you ever posted any 'in-the-wild' user pictures to their Facebook feed?
Nope

Have you ever frequented forums answering general questions about F-Stop gear?
Nope

Have you ever been the Moderator of a forum with >225k members?
Nope?!?! what kind of question is this

Have you ever tried to get a refund from F-Stop?
Thank god NO

Have you ever had a warranty claim with F-Stop?
Nope

Have you ever spent 30 minutes on the phone with one of their Customer Service representatives outlining specific details as to how their business approach is failing their customer base? Multiple times? Over the course of years?
30 mins? Nope? how long could you talk to someone that has no power and ultimately is reading a script?

what do these questions have to do with anything?!?!

Jul 15, 2016 at 09:14 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.