New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Grape Vines through a Window

Linda Shorey
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Grape Vines through a Window

I've just started exploring processing ideas for these, so would welcome your suggestions or edits. Any other feedback gratefully received. (I already see that #2 probably needs a trim off the top )

Thanks so much.

Jul 09, 2016 at 12:00 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Grape Vines through a Window

Both very nice.
I agree with you on the second. And in taking from the top I'd probably match the width of the window frame on the sides.
I think the first might be stronger with a bit more shadow recovery. Maybe a tad warmer?

Scott

Jul 09, 2016 at 04:36 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Grape Vines through a Window

I wish there were no reflections. I like the tones and colors of the second.

Jul 09, 2016 at 04:58 PM
Linda Shorey
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Grape Vines through a Window

sbeme wrote:
Both very nice.
I agree with you on the second. And in taking from the top I'd probably match the width of the window frame on the sides.
I think the first might be stronger with a bit more shadow recovery. Maybe a tad warmer?

Scott

Thank you, Scott! Someone in another forum just showed me a "fiery" edit (reds and yellows) and I like it a lot.

Jul 10, 2016 at 07:41 AM
Linda Shorey
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Grape Vines through a Window

ben egbert wrote:
I wish there were no reflections. I like the tones and colors of the second.

Thanks so much for your feedback, Ben.

Jul 10, 2016 at 07:42 AM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Grape Vines through a Window

Linda:
That's an impressive "stained glass" window you've created in #2😀
Nicely done.
Steve

Jul 10, 2016 at 08:29 AM
chiron
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Grape Vines through a Window

I like them both very much. There is a lot to look at in each, and each has layers and depths. I agree that the first could use some change to the WB, and some shadow recovery. what i would really like is to see the first re-shot using HDR--I think it is the kind of semi-abstract image on which HDR would work well.

I also would like to see more rather than less of the surrounding window frame and walls around the window. I think it would give the pictures a context that would add more depth and and meaning.

Jul 10, 2016 at 10:23 AM
Linda Shorey
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Grape Vines through a Window

eeneryma wrote:
Linda:
That's an impressive "stained glass" window you've created in #2😀
Nicely done.
Steve

Thanks so much, Steve

Jul 10, 2016 at 11:46 AM
Linda Shorey
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Grape Vines through a Window

chiron wrote:
I like them both very much. There is a lot to look at in each, and each has layers and depths. I agree that the first could use some change to the WB, and some shadow recovery. what i would really like is to see the first re-shot using HDR--I think it is the kind of semi-abstract image on which HDR would work well.

I also would like to see more rather than less of the surrounding window frame and walls around the window. I think it would give the pictures a context that would add more depth and and meaning.
...Show more

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback and suggestions, chiron. I would have loved to spend more time there; it's a coffee shop (two hours from where I live, unfortunately) and I was shooting in the direction of some people enjoying their coffee and croissants, so I felt a bit exposed, so to speak

If I'm up that way again, I will take more viewpoints. And I'm going to try the Nik HDR program I have on #1 just to see what develops. Thank you again!

Jul 10, 2016 at 11:49 AM
lighthound
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Grape Vines through a Window

Not much to add that hasn't been said but to say you have a great eye and these are both nicely done.
I particularly like your processing in #1 with the nice subtle earth tones. A little more room would have been nice.

Dave

Jul 11, 2016 at 08:09 AM
Linda Shorey
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Grape Vines through a Window

lighthound wrote:
Not much to add that hasn't been said but to say you have a great eye and these are both nicely done.
I particularly like your processing in #1 with the nice subtle earth tones. A little more room would have been nice.

Dave

Thank you very kindly, Dave. In b&w forum is the full frame shot of #1. I should have ignored my discomfort of photographing towards customers trying to enjoy their drinks and snacks, and just gone ahead and taken more shots!

Jul 11, 2016 at 02:41 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.