FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

Archive 2016 · Adobe CC Photography plan discount

Fotografpaul
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Adobe CC Photography plan discount

Daniel Smith wrote:
Not a good deal for those whose work/imaging computer never goes online.
Does Adobe have provision to mail in payment rather than credit cards?

Yes those working in bunkers under total lockdown will probably have an issue with this business model.

Jul 18, 2016 at 03:19 AM
WestTexas Sky
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Adobe CC Photography plan discount

Excellent point.

Reminds me of when Microsoft announcedbthe last Xbox they were going to require you always being connected to the web. The gaming press went up in arms over it and Microsoft backed down.

Compare that to the "photo press" who just rolled over to Adobe.

There are legitimate reasons to want a stand alone software but as you can see from the response here that idea apparantly now offends a lot of people. Or there are a lot of Adobe employees on this site... :-)

Daniel Smith wrote:
Not a good deal for those whose work/imaging computer never goes online.
Does Adobe have provision to mail in payment rather than credit cards?

Jul 18, 2016 at 09:25 AM
Fotografpaul
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Adobe CC Photography plan discount

Heard Enemy of the state is on TV tonight...

Jul 18, 2016 at 04:03 PM
Daniel Smith
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Adobe CC Photography plan discount

Fotografpaul wrote:
Yes those working in bunkers under total lockdown will probably have an issue with this business model.

One does not need to be in a bunker. Contract clauses when working with Governmants and Military often prevent any online connection at all for security reasons.

Jul 18, 2016 at 09:35 PM
BluesWest
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Adobe CC Photography plan discount

Don't kid you'r self...the pace which the hardware and software we use evolves is fast, and not keeping up will render you software/hardware useless.

On the contrary, we seem to be at a point where both software and hardware have reached plateaus. Photoshop in particular has been a mature product since at least CS 3. Really, what features are in PS CC that a working photographer absolutely must have to get the job done?

Same goes for computer operating systems: almost 50% of Windows computers world-wide are still using Windows 7, and 8% are still using XP! And computers themselves -- both laptops and desktops -are clearly reaching plateaus in terms of processing power. Smartphones have definitely hit the wall, including the iPhone (check out the rumors about the upcoming iPhone 7 -- there's nothing that I've read that would make most consumers think it will be a must-upgrade product).

Bottom line: we're finally at the stage where we can get off the upgrade treadmill and be satisfied with the stuff we already have.

John

Jul 18, 2016 at 11:47 PM
Fotografpaul
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Adobe CC Photography plan discount

BluesWest wrote:
On the contrary, we seem to be at a point where both software and hardware have reached plateaus. Photoshop in particular has been a mature product since at least CS 3. Really, what features are in PS CC that a working photographer absolutely must have to get the job done?

Same goes for computer operating systems: almost 50% of Windows computers world-wide are still using Windows 7, and 8% are still using XP! And computers themselves -- both laptops and desktops -are clearly reaching plateaus in terms of processing power. Smartphones have definitely hit the wall, including the iPhone (check out
...Show more

I'm not talking about household or work computers in general. Im talking about computers for professional photographers.

I have no clue what you do for a living, but if you think that there is a overwhelming amount of photographers that still uses windows XP and CS3 you are simply wrong.

Just because someone can get by with using a old work station with XP and 8gb of ram and ACR which support none of the new camera doesn't mean it's mainstream.

Im not talking about wether the product's are mature or not, im simply stating the fact they evolve fast and most photographers needs to keep up with technology both when it comes to hardware and software.

Now if anyone is content with XP and CS3, i truly don't see any reason to whine about current versions and business models as they apparently are obsolete..

In short if you'r satisfied with what you got, im sure you can see the paradox complaining about current and future products and business models.

Jul 19, 2016 at 03:13 AM
Fotografpaul
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Adobe CC Photography plan discount

Daniel Smith wrote:
One does not need to be in a bunker. Contract clauses when working with Governmants and Military often prevent any online connection at all for security reasons.

Yes im sure.. but let's be honest.

Anyone working professional for these entities in these kinds of situations does of course not need to provide their own license.

Adobe has services that cater specifically for these kind of needs.

If you as a hobbyist find you self working under these circumstances there are alternative software to use. Better yet get a old laptop with XP and CS3, from what i heard it should be more then enough.

Jul 19, 2016 at 03:23 AM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Adobe CC Photography plan discount

Fotografpaul wrote:
Yes im sure.. but let's be honest.

Anyone working professional for these entities in these kinds of situations does of course not need to provide their own license.

Adobe has services that cater specifically for these kind of needs.

If you as a hobbyist find you self working under these circumstances there are alternative software to use. Better yet get a old laptop with XP and CS3, from what i heard it should be more then enough.

Exactly...there will always be a scenario that is dreamed up which will not fit with the Adobe situation...but lets get this back to focus here. How many people reading this thread don't have access to the internet...the answer is ZERO.

Jul 19, 2016 at 07:38 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Adobe CC Photography plan discount

Daniel Smith wrote:

yes and no. but these things are resolved before doing the work.

Jul 19, 2016 at 07:46 AM
Fotografpaul
• • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Adobe CC Photography plan discount

chez wrote:
Exactly...there will always be a scenario that is dreamed up which will not fit with the Adobe situation...but lets get this back to focus here. How many people reading this thread don't have access to the internet...the answer is ZERO.

Hard to come back after that one..

Jul 19, 2016 at 08:13 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Adobe CC Photography plan discount

chez wrote:

I will say that when even doing work with the US National Park Service can be a challenge. they have their mandates. in order to update their computers used for imaging work for awhile almost took an act of congress. all work was done by their IT people or at minimum under their personal scrutiny while being done if using their network. it has since become a little "easier". during the challenging time I just brought in my laptop which was never connected to anything other than the wall power socket.

but i do go in prepared. my PScc is up to date as is my DxO. really when i'm at work i need nothing else to support me. this really isn't an issue. there are bigger issues at hand that aren't even related to this conversation which pretty much has devolved as i said.

ya all do as you please. stop your b@#$%^&g and get on to shooting

Edited on Jul 19, 2016 at 11:23 AM · View previous versions

Jul 19, 2016 at 08:19 AM
WestTexas Sky
• • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Adobe CC Photography plan discount

Again a valid point that seems some people refuse to acknowledge as legitimate.

Obviously they have never had to work with the government.

They also presume everyone always has internet access. Some dont. I often spend lengthy time in remote locations far from cell phone service and I am sure there are people who live out far enough internet service is sketchy.

It's a simple and reasonable request to still want to have Photoshop sold as a stand alone disk. It is sad this board has people vehemently against that idea and people who are for it.

Daniel Smith wrote:

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:40 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Adobe CC Photography plan discount

But I have and do at times.

you don't go into a situation with the government, contractually blind. you know da rules.

if you really need a program that is and i use this term loosely "independent" you have choices.

adobe Elements- it does about 85% of the photographic workings of PS. yes there are things NOT there.but for most its more then enough

LR6 (the last independent version)- another option but again light on a few options. popular.

DxO- does the same and more then the above mentioned programs.

in order to update these independent programs one must be able to access their servers for said update. some, in order to run need to be initially connected to register to the user.r

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:46 AM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Adobe CC Photography plan discount

WestTexas Sky wrote:

They also presume everyone always has internet access. Some dont. I often spend lengthy time in remote locations far from cell phone service and I am sure there are people who live out far enough internet service is sketchy.

It's a simple and reasonable request to still want to have Photoshop sold as a stand alone disk. It is sad this board has people vehemently against that idea and people who are for it.

You can be off the grid for 90 days and CC will still work.

Jul 19, 2016 at 11:21 AM
Fotografpaul
• • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Adobe CC Photography plan discount

WestTexas Sky wrote:

You do know that Adobe offers solutions for governments right ?

I mean if one take the trouble to whine online, at least do your homework..

The "working" for government issues simply doesn't exist.

It's quite clear some of you don't know much about Adobe CC and just make up stuff as you whine along.

There is detailed PDF online explaining what kind of solutions Adobe has for companies who need to use their products in a secure environment. Anyone with half a brain can find it within 5 minutes.

WestTexas Sky wrote:

Again i wonder if you actually used adobe CC ? You do know it won't break just because you are offline a few days right ?

Jul 19, 2016 at 11:38 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Adobe CC Photography plan discount

its considerable more then a few days. the real question is can the user stay off line w/o updating their facebook or checking email?

Jul 19, 2016 at 11:41 AM
Fotografpaul
• • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Adobe CC Photography plan discount

sjms wrote:
its considerable more then a few days. the real question is can the user stay off line w/o updating their facebook or checking email?

So how many of you hermits are off the grid more then 99 days at a time ?

In offline mode, annual Creative Cloud members get 99 days of grace period; month-to-month members get 30 days of grace period.

Jul 19, 2016 at 12:55 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Adobe CC Photography plan discount

Fotografpaul wrote:
So how many of you hermits are off the grid more then 99 days at a time ?

sorta wish i was a few times and depending on the definition of "off the grid"

Jul 19, 2016 at 02:04 PM
Daniel Smith
• • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Adobe CC Photography plan discount

Fotografpaul wrote:
Hard to come back after that one..

Have internet access on this computer.

My work computer, for imaging - never. Can't hook up to the Internet. Any updating is via downoad to a thumb drive and then transfer to the work computer - after checking to make sure it won't screw things up.

Some newer features of the latest version of photoshop would be nice to have but not being able to get it as a stand alone program without internet connection makes sure I won't get or use it.

Not to mention Adobe went this way because they believe their customers are thieves.

Jul 20, 2016 at 09:06 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Adobe CC Photography plan discount

So, what you're saying is that your function at work relies on the use of imaging software to actually do your job? and you through your IT structure can only update any product on said computer via a external type thumb drive (which is, oh by the way, really frowned upon in certain sectors of certain "communities")?

there is something amiss here.

as to the stating their customers are thieves I believe is very wrong thinking on your part. its not their customers that's the problem. the real customer pays for the product and uses it under the license within legal bounds. its those individuals who choose not to that are the rightful target and are thieves.

Jul 20, 2016 at 09:36 AM
       3       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.