1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2016 · About to wave the white flag - CC

ggreene
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · About to wave the white flag - CC

butchM wrote:
Somehow you always seem to make this discussion about me personally, rather than actually discussing the issues I raise.

So far, you have not once offered anything other than to blame me for having unrealistic expectations for Adobe ... or that my computer skills are the issue ... or that I must enjoy misery.

We can talk about Adobe's subscription based licensing all you want but they are not changing it.

We can talk about software companies being better at development all you want but they will never be perfect so it's just a fact of life that you have to live with bugs as a consumer.

The only thing left is each individual consumer who is in control of what software they use. Why are you surprised that the discussion turns to you if you're unhappy with your software?

Jul 11, 2016 at 12:22 PM
butchM
• • • • •
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · About to wave the white flag - CC

ggreene wrote:
We can talk about Adobe's subscription based licensing all you want but they are not changing it.

Once again, could we stay on point? Did I ever say that I wanted Adobe to change the subscription license? Sure, I would be happier if they would have stuck with perpetual licensing ... but the issue isn't the licensing model ... it is how Adobe has not lived up to their end of the bargain. Pure and simple.

We can talk about software companies being better at development all you want but they will never be perfect so it's just a fact of life that you have to live with bugs as a consumer.

Not seeking or expecting perfection. Don't know where you think I stated such. I do think it would be in a developer's best interest as well as for their end user's interest to place just a bit more attention on quality assurance before a product is released rather than turning their customers into pay-to-play beta testers.

The only thing left is each individual consumer who is in control of what software they use. Why are you surprised that the discussion turns to you if you're unhappy with your software?

Of course ... it's my fault Adobe hasn't done their job. Silly me, I should have known better. I should use my powers of ESP to foresee they would drop the ball .... geesh ...

I guess all you have left are empty straw man arguments that are not based upon the facts ... or the topic at hand.

Jul 11, 2016 at 12:45 PM
jctriguy
• • •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · About to wave the white flag - CC

chez wrote:
Yes..all things being equal, I'll support the company that was there from day one when the going was tough than someone who jumps in when all risks were removed. I'd rather buy North American designed products than knock off's from elsewhere. I buy local produce and meat rather than imported because I know how hard the locals work at trying to squeak out a living. So yes...I support products that are innovative rather than products that just copy others.

What about you JC?

All things are never equal, so it's a somewhat moot point. I'm assuming you select a product based on the performance and usability related to your needs. I think all of us make the same types of decisions. That's why it's a little different that you suggest the 'pioneering' aspect comes in, seems to detract from the discussion. It sounds a lot like you are advocating brand loyalty, something that you typically advocate strongly against.

I personally use products that meet my needs and budget. Let my CC subscription lapse since I didn't feel it was worth the money as I mostly use Lightroom and version 5 does most of what I need. I might buy another standalone version of Lightroom if they make substantial changes or if my photography needs change. I would stay with one product since it is less hassle than switching and learning a new system. I've used LR since version 1 or 2.

Jul 11, 2016 at 12:46 PM
ggreene
• • • • •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · About to wave the white flag - CC

butchM wrote:
I do think it would be in a developer's best interest as well as for their end user's interest to place just a bit more attention on quality assurance before a product is released rather than turning their customers into pay-to-play beta testers.

Who doesn't want that, but it's not the reality of the marketplace. Companies are skimping on QC all over the place far beyond just software. Peoples appetite for got to have the latest thing now is driving an insanely rapid development model.

So once again we are back to you the consumer deciding if the products track record on QC is worth the money. From the sounds of it you are very unhappy so it's a mystery as to why you continue to support Adobe each month.

Jul 11, 2016 at 05:24 PM
butchM
• • • • •
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · About to wave the white flag - CC

ggreene wrote:
From the sounds of it you are very unhappy so it's a mystery as to why you continue to support Adobe each month.

What part of "I am considering strongly to drop my CC subscription purely because I am not getting what I am paying for." did you miss in my very first comment in this thread?

You are quite adept at cherry picking and glossing over the details while avoiding direct questions and the topic at hand.

So far your comments have covered the affordable price point for the CC photography package and every reason you can throw a dart at why I am wrong about Adobe ... everything from having too high expectations to poor computer maintenance ... none of which pertain to the discussion at hand.

So far you have avoided the OP's question:

OntheRez wrote:
Looking at Adobe's page comparing latest CC vs CS6, I found the following things that might make any photo sense - at least to me.

Real-time healing brush
Focus Mask(?)
Smarter: Content-aware, Layer comps(?), Sharpen, Guides
Multiple layer styles(?)
Graphic engine performance boost

Okay, folks please how much of this has actually made a difference to you vs the "old" CS6?

Do you have an opinion for the good of the order ... or is your purpose here just focus on me and your ill-conceived notions about my stance?

PS – What's it like with me living in your head rent free?

Jul 11, 2016 at 08:25 PM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · About to wave the white flag - CC

butchM wrote:
What part of did you miss in my very first comment in this thread?

You are quite adept at cherry picking and glossing over the details while avoiding direct questions and the topic at hand.

So far your comments have covered the affordable price point for the CC photography package and every reason you can throw a dart at why I am wrong about Adobe ... everything from having too high expectations to poor computer maintenance ... none of which pertain to the discussion at hand.

So far you have avoided the OP's question:

Do you have an opinion for the good of the
...Show more

Butch by your retaliatory remarks...I am wondering who is living in who's head.

Jul 11, 2016 at 10:08 PM
gdsf2
• • • •
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · About to wave the white flag - CC

butchM wrote:
PS – What's it like with me living in your head rent free?

This is getting very weird. Perhaps it is time for you to take a little break from the internet.

Jul 11, 2016 at 10:20 PM
butchM
• • • • •
p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · About to wave the white flag - CC

chez wrote:
Butch by your retaliatory remarks...

Irony becomes you chez ...

Jul 11, 2016 at 10:33 PM
butchM
• • • • •
p.4 #9 · p.4 #9 · About to wave the white flag - CC

gdsf2 wrote:
This is getting very weird. Perhaps it is time for you to take a little break from the internet.

So ... you also don't have any insight for the OP's question either?

I'll share his question again here for you since you apparently missed it:

OntheRez wrote:
Looking at Adobe's page comparing latest CC vs CS6, I found the following things that might make any photo sense - at least to me.

Real-time healing brush
Focus Mask(?)
Smarter: Content-aware, Layer comps(?), Sharpen, Guides
Multiple layer styles(?)
Graphic engine performance boost

Okay, folks please how much of this has actually made a difference to you vs the "old" CS6?

Any thoughts on that?

Jul 11, 2016 at 10:35 PM
ggreene
• • • • •
p.4 #10 · p.4 #10 · About to wave the white flag - CC

butchM wrote:
I am considering strongly to drop my CC subscription purely because I am not getting what I am paying for.

I would say it's long overdue.

Jul 12, 2016 at 08:13 AM
gdsf2
• • • •
p.4 #11 · p.4 #11 · About to wave the white flag - CC

butchM wrote:
So ... you also don't have any insight for the OP's question either?

I'll share his question again here for you since you apparently missed it:

Any thoughts on that?

Butch,

You hijacked his question by once again complaining about your issues with Adobe's quality control. Everything that happened on this thread after that is on you. Sorry.

Jul 12, 2016 at 08:27 AM
butchM
• • • • •
p.4 #12 · p.4 #12 · About to wave the white flag - CC

gdsf2 wrote:
Butch,

You hijacked his question by once again complaining about your issues with Adobe's quality control. Everything that happened on this thread after that is on you. Sorry.

And once again, you felt compelled to join the fray to pile on ... all the while ignoring the topic at hand.

Do you have any thoughts for the OP as to if the features added since PSCS6 to be advantageous enough to warrant entering into a subscription agreement.

Instead of being obsessed with me ... how about you address the OP's question?

Jul 12, 2016 at 09:27 AM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.4 #13 · p.4 #13 · About to wave the white flag - CC

butchM wrote:
And once again, you felt compelled to join the fray to pile on ... all the while ignoring the topic at hand.

Do you have any thoughts for the OP as to if the features added since PSCS6 to be advantageous enough to warrant entering into a subscription agreement.

Instead of being obsessed with me ... how about you address the OP's question?

Butch, look at your half dozen posts and see how much on topic they are. Really comical statement coming from you when you yourself have nothing to contribute to this thread.

Pot & Kettle come to mind.

Jul 12, 2016 at 10:22 AM
butchM
• • • • •
p.4 #14 · p.4 #14 · About to wave the white flag - CC

chez wrote:
Butch, look at your half dozen posts and see how much on topic they are. Really comical statement coming from you when you yourself have nothing to contribute to this thread.

Pot & Kettle come to mind.

Perhaps you should actually read the entire thread instead of ... once again ... ignoring the facts.

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1439667/1#13637438

If you would do your homework, you would see I addressed the OP's question long ago ...

Do you have any thoughts on that question or is your participation in this thread based upon other motives?

Jul 12, 2016 at 10:40 AM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.4 #15 · p.4 #15 · About to wave the white flag - CC

butchM wrote:
Perhaps you should actually read the entire thread instead of ... once again ... ignoring the facts.

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1439667/1#13637438

If you would do your homework, you would see I addressed the OP's question long ago ...

Do you have any thoughts on that question or is your participation in this thread based upon other motives?

Ok...so you have answered the OP's question...then why another useless 10 posts after that? I know...you are one of these guys that need to get the last word in. I've learned that long ago. This is it for me...so go ahead and reply to this post...you'll get that last word in.

Jul 12, 2016 at 11:04 AM
butchM
• • • • •
p.4 #16 · p.4 #16 · About to wave the white flag - CC

chez wrote:
Ok...so you have answered the OP's question...

And you have not answered the OP's question because you can not resist the temptation to disagree with me at all cost.

Jul 12, 2016 at 11:17 AM
gdsf2
• • • •
p.4 #17 · p.4 #17 · About to wave the white flag - CC

That is funny. You had the chance to prove chez wrong by not replying, but, you just could not do it. Let's see it the second time you can resist. This is my last post on this thread you hijacked, but as the guy who has to have the last word... I bet you will respond.

Come on, prove me wrong.

Jul 12, 2016 at 11:56 AM
butchM
• • • • •
p.4 #18 · p.4 #18 · About to wave the white flag - CC

gdsf2 wrote:
That is funny. You had the chance to prove chez wrong by not replying, but, you just could not do it. Let's see it the second time you can resist. This is my last post on this thread you hijacked, but as the guy who has to have the last word... I bet you will respond.

Come on, prove me wrong.

If you insist upon quoting my comments and taking issue with what I have shared, yet you wish not to illicit any further response from me? ... who's really hijacking the thread?

Seriously, you could set a better example by getting back on topic and resisting your compulsion to make this discussion about me. This is the third time you have jumped into this thread and directed all your attention at me ... not the topic the OP is really interested in.

Come on, don't you have an opinion? Do the features and enhancements added to PSCC warrant the adoption of a subscription over using PSCS6?

Or is your only purpose here to attempt to goad me into silence ... prove me wrong.

Jul 12, 2016 at 12:32 PM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.