Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Tethering Xpro2 possible?

vallejo
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Tethering Xpro2 possible?

So, seems Lightroom dos not support this via USB cable (Mac computers...) There's a plugin for the XT-1, not for Xpro (?)...So, are Eye-fi cards+watch folders the only option (do they even give you real time view...or almost?) or anyone figured out another way?
XPro wifi and PC auto save does not count, as you have to stop shooting, upload the photos and than see...and it will upload jpgs and rafs altogether, seems to be the only way...

Jul 08, 2016 at 01:11 PM
cope07
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Tethering Xpro2 possible?

So far it seems that Fuji is keeping tethering for the X-T series. Dumb, I know.

Jul 10, 2016 at 08:30 PM
sfogg
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Tethering Xpro2 possible?

vallejo wrote:
So, seems Lightroom dos not support this via USB cable (Mac computers...) There's a plugin for the XT-1, not for Xpro (?)...So, are Eye-fi cards+watch folders the only option (do they even give you real time view...or almost?) or anyone figured out another way?
XPro wifi and PC auto save does not count, as you have to stop shooting, upload the photos and than see...and it will upload jpgs and rafs altogether, seems to be the only way...

I haven't used current Eye-Fi cards but on previous ones it was not real time. They only uploaded after a period of no activity on the card. In other words if you were shooting they were not transferring. If they started to transfer and you took a picture the transfer was aborted.

Shawn

Jul 11, 2016 at 09:06 AM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Tethering Xpro2 possible?

I have not used it, but the Fujifilm cameras do work with a Fujifilm app that allows direct connection from smartphones and tablets, and there is a plugin that lets one do this on (Apple, at least) laptops.

Jul 11, 2016 at 10:59 AM
vallejo
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Tethering Xpro2 possible?

gdanmitchell wrote:
I have not used it, but the Fujifilm cameras do work with a Fujifilm app that allows direct connection from smartphones and tablets, and there is a plugin that lets one do this on (Apple, at least) laptops.

There is, but not in real time...

Jul 12, 2016 at 07:40 AM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Tethering Xpro2 possible?

vallejo wrote:
There is, but not in real time...

I think you are probably right. I believe that it lets you operate the camera in real time, but that it then somehow transfers the image files to the computer wirelessly.

Dan

Jul 12, 2016 at 10:07 AM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.