New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2016 · FLM to launch their CP-Travel compact tripod later in 2016

rscheffler
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · FLM to launch their CP-Travel compact tripod later in 2016

Update: I received the tripod today. Everything seems good. All parts working as they should be. Fit & finish also good. A couple extremely minor cosmetic defects, but nothing to affect performance.

Compared to the CP30-M4S I bought a couple year ago, this is definitely more along the lines of what I originally wanted as a walkabout tripod. With center column down, fully extended legs bring it to within about 10cm of the larger tripod. Center column extended and I don't have to stoop too much to shoot (I'm 6'3"). Still glad I got the bigger one as it has come in handy many times with bigger camera set ups. In fact, if doing it over again now, I would get an even taller 'main' tripod for those few times when I need the extra height.

With the FLM CB32F ball head and the smallest Kirk Arca QR, it weighs 1675g (I guess not super light) and is 40cm long when collapsed in 'travel' configuration with the legs folded up. Circumference is 34cm. It's not a tiny/narrow cross section. I'm sure there are smaller and lighter out there. With everything extended it feels rigid and decently solid. Not having tried comparable RRS and Gitzo, I'm not sure how it compares against these gold standards.

Jan 09, 2017 at 05:36 PM
       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.