Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Announcement on FUJIFILM X Pro2 firmware update to further enhance its p...

roger lund
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Announcement on FUJIFILM X Pro2 firmware update to further enhance its performance

Fuji Announcement today.

Announcement on FUJIFILM X−Pro2 firmware update to further enhance its performance

"July 7, 2016
Fujifilm Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) has announced that it will release firmware update Ver. 2.0. for the FUJIFILM X-Pro2 rangefinder-style mirrorless digital camera in October 2016. With the firmware update, the FUJIFILM X-Pro2 and the new FUJIFILM X-T2 will stand side-by-side as “double flagship” X Series cameras.

Detail of the update includes

1. The new autofocus algorithm* that is implemented on the new FUJIFILM X-T2 to produce faster and more accurate autofocus will also be implemented on the FUJIFILM X-Pro2.
* Excludes the new AF-C Custom Settings functions.
2. Compatibility with the new hot-shoe mount flash EF-X500. The camera will now be enabled with high-speed flash sync and multi-flash lighting.
3. AUTO POWER OFF will now have 15 sec, 30 sec, and 1 min. options, allowing more customizable power management.
4. The parallax correction function will be improved to provide a more accurate and easier-to-use Optical Viewfinder.

* The detail of the firmware is subject to change.
Planned release date: October, 2016"

Source

Jul 07, 2016 at 10:27 PM
Fred Amico
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Announcement on FUJIFILM X Pro2 firmware update to further enhance its performance

As a Fuji owner, I'm very pleased with the attitude Fuji has concerning firmware updates. Great to see them add features as much as they do.

Jul 08, 2016 at 12:56 PM
flash
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Announcement on FUJIFILM X Pro2 firmware update to further enhance its performance

Well I already thought my XPro2's focus was really good, especially in low light. makes me wonder how much more I'll get. The new flash is a very welcome addition. Wonder how it compares to the Nissin i60.

Gordon

Jul 08, 2016 at 05:12 PM
rbf_
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Announcement on FUJIFILM X Pro2 firmware update to further enhance its performance

Fred Amico wrote:
As a Fuji owner, I'm very pleased with the attitude Fuji has concerning firmware updates. Great to see them add features as much as they do.

Same here, their support of their cameras is really amazing.

Jul 13, 2016 at 07:41 AM
joychris
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Announcement on FUJIFILM X Pro2 firmware update to further enhance its performance

flash wrote:
Well I already thought my XPro2's focus was really good, especially in low light. makes me wonder how much more I'll get. The new flash is a very welcome addition. Wonder how it compares to the Nissin i60.

Gordon

Gordon are your shooting with the i60? If so any thoughts on its performance and any shortcomings? Thanks.

Chris

Jul 13, 2016 at 09:59 AM
flash
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Announcement on FUJIFILM X Pro2 firmware update to further enhance its performance

joychris wrote:
Gordon are your shooting with the i60? If so any thoughts on its performance and any shortcomings? Thanks.

Chris

No. Not yet. Is it out yet? Didn't mean to confuse. It seems both of these will have similar stuff going on except the i60 will be radio so I'm interested in the comparison. I have the i40 and love it and I can't see myself stumping up for the Fujifilm if the i60 is as good as the i40 I have now.

Gordon
Gordon

Jul 13, 2016 at 03:29 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.