Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Pretty impressive free personality profile...

nolaguy
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Pretty impressive free personality profile...

www.16personalities.com

This one's been going around work and it's pretty much nailing people. Of course you can purchase more in depth information for $30 but the freebie is informative. I have no affiliation with the site.

So much of what we do is relating to people and understanding how we come across to them.

This is worth the 15 minutes.

Jul 07, 2016 at 10:20 PM
Mark_L
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Pretty impressive free personality profile...

Standard Myers Briggs (which I feel is unfairly maligned due to the way it is applied by large companies now). Nice in-depth descriptions though.

I first did it years ago and it made me realise why I struggled to get things over to some types of people or they had difficulty following me when things seemed obvious. INTJ is one of the rarest types and a odd mix of traits which isn't easy to be sometimes.

Enneagram Type Indicator is interesting, it works more from our negative traits. There are also good descriptions around of healthy and unhealthy states for each which are useful.

Jul 08, 2016 at 04:23 AM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Pretty impressive free personality profile...

The issue I have with this is that I have different personalities depending on the situation. And I suspect that's true of many people.

Jul 08, 2016 at 07:22 AM
DmitriM
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Pretty impressive free personality profile...

Andre Labonte wrote:
The issue I have with this is that I have different personalities depending on the situation. And I suspect that's true of many people.

You are right,but some things are good as general observations. As INTP, I am not that social, but can with no issues speak in front of large crowds or take charge at weddings,etc. Do I crave or want that? No.
Yet, some people just need to be social butterflies and they live on that energy. My wife is a complete opposite of me,yet that works amazingly well for us.

Jul 08, 2016 at 09:12 AM
nolaguy
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Pretty impressive free personality profile...

Andre Labonte wrote:

Our personality may evolve over time, some. But largely by age 5, 6, 10, 11... we are who we are. Our behavior changes based on circumstances of the moment, yes... or social input over time, but it all distills down to either suppressing or liberating our truest self.

As the song goes, we all have wings, but some of us don't know why.

It's worth understanding ourselves and how things affect who we feel we are - and how aligned or misaligned that self-perception is with truth.

Jul 08, 2016 at 03:56 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Pretty impressive free personality profile...

nolaguy wrote:
Our personality may evolve over time, some. But largely by age 5, 6, 10, 11... we are who we are. Our behavior changes based on circumstances of the moment, yes... or social input over time, but it all distills down to either suppressing or liberating our truest self.

It's worth understanding ourselves and how things affect who we feel we are - and how aligned or misaligned that self-perception is with truth.

Then I must be unusual ... even my family says I have significantly different personalities in different situations and that who I am has significantly changed over time. Even people at work have pointed this out to me.

But I'll give you an example of how these generalized tests are lacking. Consider these three different situations:

-- I'm an engineer -- your emotional input and opinions are meaningless. Show me the data and shove your emotions up your <censored>

-- I'm a dad -- one of my young children gets hurt and wants/needs comfort; maybe even wants a Band-Aid for bump. It's all about emotions at that point ... there's no logic to be applied.

-- I'm a husband -- 50% of the time, must apply logic, 50% of the time, must apply emotion.

I know, it's all about where we get our "energy" from ... but when I read the questions on these test, I can honestly answer two ways depending on circumstances. Where I get my energy changes from day to day.

Jul 09, 2016 at 06:19 AM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Pretty impressive free personality profile...

nolaguy wrote:

For what it is worth, I am an INTJ-A though I often test as an ENTJ-A ... the issue for me with the I vs. E is if I consider WORK vs. Outside of Work ... Outside of work, I'm and "I" for sure but like smaller groups of intimate friends. Inside work, leave me along to do my work but I often find myself in a leadership role due to my experience and do well at it.

Jul 09, 2016 at 06:39 AM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Pretty impressive free personality profile...

one of my favorite personality resources is a book called "Personality Plus" by Florence Littauer.

Jul 09, 2016 at 10:23 AM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Pretty impressive free personality profile...

I just did the questions and the results were pretty much dead on Type A / Entertainer

Jul 09, 2016 at 10:40 AM
jcolman
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Pretty impressive free personality profile...

I'm an (ESTP-A) Entrepreneur. Pretty spot on.

Jul 09, 2016 at 12:03 PM
FrancisK7
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Pretty impressive free personality profile...

Interesting. I never took any of these tests before.

I got (ENFJ, -A/-T) protagonist.

Jul 09, 2016 at 01:45 PM
bcguy
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Pretty impressive free personality profile...

I'm always the same when I take these tests: INTP. It's actually very close to who I am.

Jul 17, 2016 at 01:56 PM
JamesLarsen
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Pretty impressive free personality profile...

I love that test, its very good.

I'm an ISTJ-A.

Jul 25, 2016 at 06:31 PM
rw11
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Pretty impressive free personality profile...

that test classified me as fast, mild telephoto

BTW, they want your Email for data mining...

Jul 25, 2016 at 06:45 PM
nolaguy
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Pretty impressive free personality profile...

rw11 wrote:
BTW, they want your Email for data mining...

Wow. I'd have never figured that out. Good tip.

Jul 25, 2016 at 06:53 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.