Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · HorusBennu LX-5 ballhead -Help locating replacement clamp $ quick release

bluloo
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · HorusBennu LX-5 ballhead -Help locating replacement clamp $ quick release

I picked up a second-hand Induro with a HorusBennu LX-5 ballhead. The head is missing the clamp/quick release assembly.
I can't seem to locate a ready replacement.

I've tried a generic replacement listed as having "Full Manfrotto 200-PL14 compatibility", but the stem on the ballhead doesn't mate with the bottom of the clamp (even after removing the 1/4" insert) - the stem is too large in diameter, and the "nubbins" are too tall).

I'm actually using a Sirui head on the Induro, so the LX-5 will be a backup, or on a secondary tripod, so there's no rush, but I'd like to try and source parts to complete the head.

The HorusBennu site is in Korean, so that's no help to me.
Does anyone know where to look, or if there's a standard part that might work?

The stem on the head measures 16mm in diameter, FWIW, and the screw is 3/8. See pic below.

I'd prefer to avoid buying a bunch of clamps, and going the trial and error route.

TIA.

Jul 01, 2016 at 04:23 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · HorusBennu LX-5 ballhead -Help locating replacement clamp $ quick release

measure the width of the two upper anti twist flanges. should be 5mm or 3/16" or even a little less. if so should fit any RRS clamp assy and many others that have the antitwist feature. you'll need a matching bolt too which you can get with it in varying size configs.

of course these are of the arca swiss variety of plate use.

and I would say this had a screw type of that variety though they have a few types on their website.

these companies just love to "emulate" the good designs.

Jul 01, 2016 at 04:48 PM
bluloo
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · HorusBennu LX-5 ballhead -Help locating replacement clamp $ quick release

Thanks for the very useful reply.

Jul 01, 2016 at 06:35 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.