New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Need advice on commercial image printing services

PhillipAnthony
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Need advice on commercial image printing services

I have sold prints in the past that I have printed on my Epson Stylus printers in the past. My 3880 will print on canvas and that is great, but now I am leaning towards commercial printer's to do this for me.

My question is this: Does anyone know of a reputable printing service that will do the following:

Showcase my (digital) images on their site
    Print and sell my images on buyer request
    Offer a variety of printing media such as paper of various finishes and weights and canvas, etc

I'm probably asking for the moon, but who knows?

I suppose it would be a better solution (perhaps?) to showcase all of the images I have for sale on my own site and then link prospective buyer's to the printer's website for completing the transaction. I have several websites that I maintain so this would not be a difficult task to accomplish. The major problem as I see it, is finding a reputable printer for the task.

Any and all comments and suggestions are most welcome.

Thank you!

Jul 01, 2016 at 10:40 AM
gdsf2
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Need advice on commercial image printing services

Get a smugmug account and set it up to use commercial lab of your choice. They work with several great ones like White House Custom Color.

Jul 01, 2016 at 05:35 PM
PhillipAnthony
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Need advice on commercial image printing services

gdsf2 wrote:
Get a smugmug account and set it up to use commercial lab of your choice. They work with several great ones like White House Custom Color.

Thank you for your post. I will look into that.

Jul 01, 2016 at 05:37 PM
kdphotography
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Need advice on commercial image printing services

There are several different approaches. Much depends on the printing company, quality and services desired, including "drop shipping" with your provided marketing materials (business cards, brochures, etc).

www.carmelfineartprinting.com

Jul 02, 2016 at 09:35 AM
PhillipAnthony
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Need advice on commercial image printing services

kdphotography wrote:
There are several different approaches. Much depends on the printing company, quality and services desired, including "drop shipping" with your provided marketing materials (business cards, brochures, etc).

www.carmelfineartprinting.com

Ken,

Thank you for your post.

I took a look at your site and it appears you have a lot to offer your clients. You may be what I am searching for, but would like to know a bit more on how you advertise to reach prospective buyer's of your clients work.

Off Topic
It took me a while to figure out where you were located. It has always been a pet peeve of mine that some webmaster's do not disclose that on their home page on purpose or else think it not important. In this day and age IMO, everything is important when dealing with internet entities. I am in no way shape or form implying that this was your intention, but only that I had to dig to find this information.

I will spend a bit more time on your site as my time permits. I am an app dev and most of my day is taken up with that. Feel free to send me a PM and we can go from there if you like.

Thanks for dropping by.

Jul 02, 2016 at 09:57 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.