New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Scroll wheel zoom in PS

Jeffrey
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Scroll wheel zoom in PS

Using the Logitech MX Master mouse with Photoshop CC on my Mac. When the cursor is within the image the scroll wheel zooms either in or out. Problem is that the increment is too large per wheel detent and I can't fine tune the zoom size. I can't find the sensitivity control in either PS prefs or the device settings panel. Any advice is appreciated.

Jun 30, 2016 at 11:06 AM
howardm4
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Scroll wheel zoom in PS

there is no control (directly). Take a look at alternate mouse drivers like SteerMouse (which is what I use) or USBOverdrive. That's where you can try to control it.

Jun 30, 2016 at 01:31 PM
OntheRez
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Scroll wheel zoom in PS

I've not had a lot of luck with Logitech products on the Mac platform though I currently have a G400s that's okay. I did use SteerMouse for a while with my Ergo mouse, but something seeming to get fouled up with Steermouse and had to stop using it and the incredible Ergomouse. I've made multiple attempts to contact the Ergo people. They appear to still be selling their mice, but don't answer questions. Frankly I can't work - because I don't have real control - with a mouse in Ps or any other graphics program. More than a year ago I got an Intuous Medium tablet. I has taken some getting use to, but the pen can have extraordinary precision and buttons can be programed to do many key things such as step zoom in and out.

If you do much Ps work I recommend the solution and note that Wacom is having a $50 off sale.

Robert

Jun 30, 2016 at 06:06 PM
nolaguy
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Scroll wheel zoom in PS

Have you tried taking the mouse out of detent mode (press the wheel directly into the mouse to switch back and forth between detent and free spinning)?

Jun 30, 2016 at 08:12 PM
Jeffrey
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Scroll wheel zoom in PS

Robert, I use the mouse in conjunction with my Wacom tablet. Could never edit with mouse alone.

Would a third party driver allow me the programming of numerous buttons and controls that the logitech one does?

Jun 30, 2016 at 08:35 PM
howardm4
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Scroll wheel zoom in PS

yes. I use Steermouse for several many-buttoned Logitech mice & trackball. Also take a peek at BetterTouchTool (it does more than touchpads)

Just download it; all will be revealed

Jun 30, 2016 at 09:18 PM
Jeffrey
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Scroll wheel zoom in PS

Perhaps I will try another driver.

But I did find the way to disable the incremental scrolling feature of the wheel and in many apps as well as finder windows it is very smooth and fine tuned. Then when I open PS, the scroll wheel clicking is back! I even assigned the settings to PS within the Logitech Options driver! Like a twilight zone episode....

Jun 30, 2016 at 10:06 PM
howardm4
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Scroll wheel zoom in PS

one of the nice things about many of the alternate drivers is that you can have/create different PER-APPLICATION settings for mouse button/wheel mapping.

Jul 01, 2016 at 07:11 AM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Scroll wheel zoom in PS

Have you talked to Logitech. I have found them to be very helpful - at times...

Jul 01, 2016 at 08:37 PM
Jeffrey
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Scroll wheel zoom in PS

surfnron wrote:
Have you talked to Logitech. I have found them to be very helpful - at times...

Yes, I posted this on their user forum and a Logitech tech replied. Still working on it.

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Mice-and-Pointing-Devices/MX-scroll-wheel-zoom-in-PS-CC-is-bad/m-p/1526504

Jul 02, 2016 at 10:32 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.