Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Sold: Nikon 200-400mm f4 IS VR

M3Roc
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: Nikon 200-400mm f4 IS VR

Item updated in the last 24 hours    Nikon 200-400mm f4 IS VR

Sold

Price: $2,400.00
Payment method: Cash in hand
Item condition: 9 Shows signs of use, but very clean
Shipping instructions: Will NOT ship

I bought this lens used from the original owner in early spring. I've shot a lot with it but as of recent, I have not used it much.

The lens is in excellent condition. Includes the hood and the Nikon single strap, over the should backpack type carry bag. I also replaced the stock tripod foot with a longer aftermarket foot made by Wimberley. Stock foot is included.

I am selling this lens locally and by locally, I mean im willing to drive in the state of Ohio to meet with someone. I will not ship this lens and I'm not interested in paypal. Cash in hand, hand to hand exchange. This lens currently sells for $3000 on B&H in excellent condition. Considering its professional grade, my lens is in pristine condition. Glass is spotless. I have rated it a 9 out of 10.

I am looking to net $2400.

Please PM me if you have any questions. I will add pictures soon.

Edited on Jul 05, 2016 at 06:29 PM · View previous versions

Jun 30, 2016 at 10:11 AM
M3Roc
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sold: Nikon 200-400mm f4 IS VR

Went out shooting today, I might post some sample shots tonight. I forgot how amazing this lens is and considering changing my mind.. It amazes me when I go from cheaper Tamron to the pro series Nikon what a difference in quality there is.

Also, for anyone who may be interested, I am also putting up my Wimberley Gimbal and Gitzo tripod. Without the large lens, I don't have a use for the tripod/gimbal.

Jul 04, 2016 at 04:49 PM
tntcorp
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sold: Nikon 200-400mm f4 IS VR

of course the gimbal and tripod are local sale as well.. :-)

Jul 04, 2016 at 05:58 PM
M3Roc
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sold: Nikon 200-400mm f4 IS VR

tntcorp wrote:
of course the gimbal and tripod are local sale as well.. :-)

Not necessarily. I would be willing to ship the gimbal and tripod.

I apologize for the tardiness with the pictures, its been a busy holiday weekend. I will take some time tonight when I get home to post some sample pictures and pictures of the lens, tripod and gimbal.

Jul 05, 2016 at 07:42 AM
pmrphoto
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sold: Nikon 200-400mm f4 IS VR

does it squeak as you AF from near to far?

Jul 05, 2016 at 08:16 AM
pmrphoto
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sold: Nikon 200-400mm f4 IS VR

Jul 05, 2016 at 08:18 AM
M3Roc
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sold: Nikon 200-400mm f4 IS VR

pmrphoto wrote:

Auto focusing from nearest focus to infinity is smooth, no squeak. You'll only hear the smooth operation of the AF motor.

I'm sure its been said before but if you look down the barrel and see all the glass, you'll be amazed that the lens can move that much glass during AF, that quickly!

Just to add to what was mentioned previously regarding the gimbal and tripod. I would be interested to sell the whole combo with the lens, the gimbal and tripod for $3k. It really is the best setup together for balance and portability. The gimbal and tripod were purchased to use with that lens. All I have to say about that is once you try the Wimbeerley gimbal, you'll want to mount everything to it. The extended Wimberly foot on the lens allows for better balance on the gimbal as well.

Jul 05, 2016 at 08:46 AM
M3Roc
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sold: Nikon 200-400mm f4 IS VR

Here are some pictures I found on my phone. They are not very high res but I wanted to put something up before I took better ones tonight.

The first one shows the Wimberley Gimbal before I had the tripod to mount it on.

I will check on my phone to see if I have more to share.

The last one includes the tripod, gimbal and lens. Camera not included... Yet..

Jul 05, 2016 at 09:13 AM
Pyrat
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Sold: Nikon 200-400mm f4 IS VR

Tag for Feedback

Jul 14, 2016 at 08:22 PM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.