FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Need a recommendation | ShootSac alternatives

LeeSimms
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Need a recommendation | ShootSac alternatives

Looking for a shoulder bag for 3 lenses (including a 70-200) and 1 (or 2) speed lights.

What do you use? Go!

Jun 30, 2016 at 10:04 AM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Need a recommendation | ShootSac alternatives

Think tank retrospective series?
You want something affordable or uber fashionable?

Jun 30, 2016 at 12:18 PM
macentropist
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Need a recommendation | ShootSac alternatives

I have several of the Crumpler bags, the 6 Million has been my go to for years, and the 7 Million when bulk is needed. Great bags, light, and reasonably priced.

Jun 30, 2016 at 12:33 PM
LivLif
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Need a recommendation | ShootSac alternatives

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/847350-REG/Think_Tank_792_Retrospective_Lens_Changer_3.html

Jun 30, 2016 at 12:34 PM
mikethevilla
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Need a recommendation | ShootSac alternatives

Fannypack, don't look back. BodaBag 4 lyfe.

Jun 30, 2016 at 12:52 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Need a recommendation | ShootSac alternatives

The Think Tank Retrospective comes in a two and three lens version. Not pretty or fashionable but very functional and reasonably priced. Zoom lenses, even big fat f2.8 zooms will slide in and out very easily, that was the big problem that I had with the Shoot Sac, the neoprene walls grab your lenses so much that you can not slide them in and out quickly.

Jun 30, 2016 at 03:14 PM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Need a recommendation | ShootSac alternatives

Thanks everyone for the suggestions — file this one under "the solution was right underneath your nose".

I tried the Retrospective Three Lens, and while nice, it was a bit bigger than I was looking for. As I was boxing it up to return I spied the my Turnstyle 10 that's been my f-a-v-o-r-i-t-e travel bag for a few years now (holds a body with mounted lens and an extra prime). Super comfortable to carry on your back all day. Inserted the discarded divider inside and "ta-da!" I have a singable shoulder bag to hold a 70-200, a prime, and two 430RTs (or a 70-200 and two primes).

Kinda feel dumb that I didn't think about this before.

https://www.thinktankphoto.com/collections/turnstyle/products/turnstyle-10?variant=1237719811

Aug 16, 2016 at 12:56 PM
drew.bowser
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Need a recommendation | ShootSac alternatives

Love my boda bag. Wish they still made them. I got one off the forum a few years back for a fraction of the price in perfect condition. Ebay might have them now...

Aug 16, 2016 at 11:18 PM
AdamBrock

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Need a recommendation | ShootSac alternatives

I use the retrospective 5 for weddings, It will fit a 70-200 with the hood reversed and one other big lens and one small lens between, for instance I can fit the 70-200, 50 1.8 and 85 1.4 though it's a bit tight. It will also fit 2 flashes in the front pocket.

The beauty of the bag for me is you can keep the top flap open and work out of it really easily.

It also has the nylon straps on the side where you can attach the lens pouches if you need more storage in a pinch (I use it for a water bottle)

I originally considered the lens changer 3 but they don't make the pine-stone colored one anymore and I also think it's too deep for the majority of my use.

Aug 23, 2016 at 07:55 AM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Need a recommendation | ShootSac alternatives

Ona Bowery is great for two lenses.

Aug 23, 2016 at 09:33 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.