Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · FS: AquaTech and Nikon Hoods for 400 2.8

MichGoBlue
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · FS: AquaTech and Nikon Hoods for 400 2.8

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   AquaTech Collapsing Hood for 600mm f/4, 400mm f/2.8, and 800mm f/5.6 Lenses

Sold

Price: $109.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9 Shows signs of use, but very clean
Shipping instructions: Price includes Paypal and Shipping in CONUS

Purchased this a year or two ago when I picked up a Nikon 400 2.8 and wanted a easier hood to fly with. Only used it once and it worked well enough. More info about it here:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/618397-REG/Aqua_Tech_1380_SoftHood_Collapsing_Hood_for.html

Comes with hood and attached straps - no box or instructions but it is very self explanatory. Worked well on my 400 2.8, not sure how it performs on other lenses. Selling as I don't travel far with my 400 2.8 anymore.

• • •

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   Nikon HK-27-1 Carbon Fiber Hood and Lenscoat Cap

Available

Price: $109.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 7 Shows considerable amount of use - More than average wear
Shipping instructions: Price includes Paypal and Shipping in CONUS

One of two pieces that comprise the hood for a Nikon 400 2.8 AFS II. The two piece design is notorious for having issues, so consequently when I bought my 400 I only got this once piece with it. This is the piece that attaches to the lens and it does provide some protection from rain and flaring as it extends out about 3 inches. This piece is in good shape overall, but is missing the plastic molding that covers the outer edge, as well as has a small 1 inch piece of gaffers tape on it for some reason - I just left it on so as not to leave glue marks. There are also some other wear marks, missing one of the six tabs that seats it on the rim of the lens, as well as missing a screw in another of the tabs. It still seats fine in both forward and reverse positions.

Also included is a Lenscoat neoprene cap that fits over the end of this perfectly.

I had no real problem with using just this one piece hood on the 400 2.8, except in driving rain - which probably would have been an issue regardless. I ended up getting a good deal on a used HK-33 set that fits so this has been sitting on the shelf. Adorama currently has the HK-33 set for $499: http://www.adorama.com/nkhk33.html

Jun 29, 2016 at 12:26 PM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.