Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Small takearound camera with good low light capabilities, flash, selfie ...

anais123

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Small takearound camera with good low light capabilities, flash, selfie screen, bokeh

I have a nice Canon dslr I use for a little 'pro' work, but would like a small sized camera I can take around for anywhere use, something with good low light capabilities, a flash, (preferably) a selfie screen. I would also like the camera to be able to produce a bokeh effect.

Something not astronomical in price but reasonable, as it would be my take around, throw around camera. Any advice would be appreciated. Something not astronomical in price but reasonable, as it would be my take around, throw around camera. Any advice would be appreciated.

Jun 28, 2016 at 04:57 PM
rw11
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Small takearound camera with good low light capabilities, flash, selfie screen, bokeh

Sony RX100 is the best pocket camera out there, but it is unclear what your size & price ranges are...

earlier RX100 models are cheaper

bokeh effect sez wide aperture to me...

Jun 28, 2016 at 05:08 PM
Sr.Cordeiro
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Small takearound camera with good low light capabilities, flash, selfie screen, bokeh

+1 for Sony RX100 if you want a really pocketable camera.

Another one that comes to mind is the Panasonic GM1, the smallest camera in micro four-thirds. Add a small lens like the 20mm f/1.7 that's a pretty capable little kit.

The Panasonic LX100 is good option too, a compact and very complete kit, but without built-in flash - which by the way isn't a bad thing since built-in flashes generally suck.

Jun 28, 2016 at 05:28 PM
FlyPenFly
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Small takearound camera with good low light capabilities, flash, selfie screen, bokeh

Ricoh GR or Fuji X70.

Jun 28, 2016 at 05:32 PM
fotografur
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Small takearound camera with good low light capabilities, flash, selfie screen, bokeh

What's your price range?

Jun 28, 2016 at 05:35 PM
anselwannab
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Small takearound camera with good low light capabilities, flash, selfie screen, bokeh

I have bigger pockets, but coming from a 5DII/1DIII, I love my X100T. Hard to beat a 23/2 on an APS, for around a grand. Fixed lens is less of an issue coming from a 24-105 as my usual lens than I thought it would be.

Optical view finder is awesome for actually seeing better than an EVF at low light, IMHO. The small patch in the X100T can show if you are way over or under exposed.

X Pro2 with the rumored 23/2 lens is the only one that tempts me, though the Sony does look really nice.

Jun 28, 2016 at 05:40 PM
boingyman
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Small takearound camera with good low light capabilities, flash, selfie screen, bokeh

Fuji X70 - ASP-C, 18.5mm (28mm FF equiv) 2.8, tilt screen (selfie mode)

Canon EOS M3 with 22 f/2 - ASP-C, tilt screen (selfie mode), can use EF lenses with adapater, has zooms that cover a nice range.

Jun 28, 2016 at 05:57 PM
AmbientMike
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Small takearound camera with good low light capabilities, flash, selfie screen, bokeh

I like m4/3, if that's small enough. Or were you wanting a pocketable camera? An 85-100mm or longer lens gives good bokeh

Jun 28, 2016 at 05:58 PM
kevindar
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Small takearound camera with good low light capabilities, flash, selfie screen, bokeh

the low light capability and Shallow dof are the function of sensor size and the F stop of the lens. Bokeh, is of course the quality of out of focus area, but I dont think thats what you meant.

the best bang for the buck, if you dont need The best Dynamic range or autofocus, and happy with a prime, and the focal length works for you is the suggest EOS M. The sony a5100 has a much better AF system, better DR, but the cheapest fast and good AF lens on it is the 35 1.8 or 50 1.8, both of which are significantly bigger.

Jun 28, 2016 at 07:08 PM
fotografur
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Small takearound camera with good low light capabilities, flash, selfie screen, bokeh

boingyman wrote:
Fuji X70 - ASP-C, 18.5mm (28mm FF equiv) 2.8, tilt screen (selfie mode)

Canon EOS M3 with 22 f/2 - ASP-C, tilt screen (selfie mode), can use EF lenses with adapater, has zooms that cover a nice range.

+1 if you don't need a view finder.

For about $300 with lens I've been using the EOSM w/22mm f2 lens foe over 2yrs as a walk around. Got a whole gallery here with different types of images.

http://www.pbase.com/dennislaska/eosm

dennis

Jun 28, 2016 at 08:16 PM
anais123

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Small takearound camera with good low light capabilities, flash, selfie screen, bokeh

Thanks for the advice. I looked it up, and it doesn't seem to have a flash or selfie screen. Can you tell me how it fares under low light conditions? But that it allows for a bokeh is great.

Jun 28, 2016 at 08:25 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.