New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Sony flash system transmitters

jzzhu1989

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sony flash system transmitters

Hi all, building up a small home studio,

Started off with simple speedlight setup, 1x hvl F43M, 2x hvl F32M, with a hvl F20 for wireless triggering. Shooting with A7Rii & A6000

In terms of modifiers, i have the usual umbrella, a 60cm x 60cm godox softbox with 3x flash bracket (1x flash max) and a westcott rapid strip box. stands and the usual.

For the life of me, I cant understand which radio transmitters will work for me.

I would like something with TTL for on location shoots, and something that can change the manual values of flashes on the commander.

I keep seeing Phottix name come up, does this work as the commander and receiver on SONY flashes, not phottix flashes? Will it be able to change the manual values on the flashes without having to walk over, have ttl and hss? Or do i need to keep waiting for the rumored Sony flash system?

Eventually i am looking at Studio Strobes but just not yet, im presuming adding another receiver of the same family as the commander, hooked up to the strobe via PC Sync?

I would like to invest in a system that will future proof myself slightly.

Many thanks for your help!

Best Regards
Jason

Jun 27, 2016 at 12:30 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.