Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Pacific North West - Oregon coast. Classic Glass.

roger lund
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Pacific North West - Oregon coast. Classic Glass.

SCHNEIDER-KREUZNACH Edixa-CURTAGON 28mm F4 wide open - Fuji X-E2. First shot is HDR, next is not. Pacific North West - Oregon coast.

A.

B.

Higher Res

A.

B.

Higher Res

Jun 25, 2016 at 02:29 PM
Timmeh
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Pacific North West - Oregon coast. Classic Glass.

Hi Roger,

You have a really nice leading line between in the stretch of beach, but it doesn't lead to anything prominent in the composition. As far as processing goes, I prefer the B versions. In 1B the masking you did around the tree branches is a bit choppy and could use some clean up. The toning in the ground layer seems a bit bright as well. For instance the bright green of the bush draws my eye more than the clouds which shouldn't be.

Tim

Jun 25, 2016 at 04:34 PM
BauerPower
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Pacific North West - Oregon coast. Classic Glass.

I like the over-lapping wavelets coming ashore. There must have been a lot of ocean motion going on. Sure looks cooler than Phoenix today.

Jun 25, 2016 at 04:38 PM
roger lund
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Pacific North West - Oregon coast. Classic Glass.

Timmeh wrote:
Hi Roger,

You have a really nice leading line between in the stretch of beach, but it doesn't lead to anything prominent in the composition. As far as processing goes, I prefer the B versions. In 1B the masking you did around the tree branches is a bit choppy and could use some clean up. The toning in the ground layer seems a bit bright as well. For instance the bright green of the bush draws my eye more than the clouds which shouldn't be.

Tim

Yes, it was a tad over the top, hence my post of 1B.

---------------------------------------------

BauerPower wrote:
I like the over-lapping wavelets coming ashore. There must have been a lot of ocean motion going on. Sure looks cooler than Phoenix today.

Yes it was very windy , it was a family trip as well so it was a fast few shots.

Jun 25, 2016 at 09:52 PM
justruss
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Pacific North West - Oregon coast. Classic Glass.

Careful with the top of the tree on the right of the frame in 1B: your local adjustments are showing. You can see where you've dodged the branches. If might be less noticeably if the whole tree is a bit darker and less prominent.

Beautiful vantage spot!

Jun 26, 2016 at 03:01 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.