New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · ~~~ New York | CityScapes | Another set ~~~

zurura
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · ~~~ New York | CityScapes | Another set ~~~

Hi people,

Got a couple of pictures from the Brooklyn Bridge Park of downtown Manhattan. Had shared a similar one earlier. Discovered these while going through the photos.

Downtown by
Gautam Pardake, on Flickr

Downtown by
Gautam Pardake, on Flickr

C & C welcome.
Thanks for viewing.

Jun 25, 2016 at 02:27 AM
sdison

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · ~~~ New York | CityScapes | Another set ~~~

Great shots Gautam. I love the tones and editing in both. Really clean, sharp and frankly beautiful. Everything is technically fantastic. The first is my favourite - i think long exposures do a lot for cityscapes.

Two small critiques:

1. The cropping on each is a little loose on the left side vs the right, which is a little off-putting. I'd crop the left side tighter on #1 and #2 - probably just past the short building on each one to gain a little more balance. On #2, if you've cropped in from a slightly wider shot it may be good to find some space there too.

2. The highlights are basically blown on the left hand side of #1 - if there's some latitude to bring the back in the RAW file or warm them up it would add a little more. Blending in a lower exposure via a restrictive lights luminosity mask may do the trick here.

All up awesome shots though! Really love them.

Jun 29, 2016 at 07:49 PM
zurura
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · ~~~ New York | CityScapes | Another set ~~~

sdison wrote:
Great shots Gautam. I love the tones and editing in both. Really clean, sharp and frankly beautiful. Everything is technically fantastic. The first is my favourite - i think long exposures do a lot for cityscapes.

Two small critiques:

1. The cropping on each is a little loose on the left side vs the right, which is a little off-putting. I'd crop the left side tighter on #1 and #2 - probably just past the short building on each one to gain a little more balance. On #2, if you've cropped in from a slightly wider shot it may be good
...Show more

Thank you so much for the wonderful words. And thanks a ton for the critique. Really appreciate it. Shall try the cropping bit and the mask thing as well. Need to brush up on those skills a bit. It really sucks that I had only a couple of exposures on both. And, I didn't carry the tripod then as I had a really long walk planned.

Thanks again though.

Jul 02, 2016 at 01:22 AM
Dperkell

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · ~~~ New York | CityScapes | Another set ~~~

All are great shots Love the one with the stumps from the pier where was that taken from? Would love to take my cousin visiting NYC to it.

Aug 01, 2016 at 08:44 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.