Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Capture One Pro 9.2 now supports D500 RAW files.

Lance B
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Capture One Pro 9.2 now supports D500 RAW files.

My favourite RAW converter, Capture One Pro, now supports D500 RAW files with version 9.2. Just going through my D500 RAW files to see how they end up looking compared to running them through Nikon's Capture NX-D

Jun 24, 2016 at 06:20 PM
Mnd1
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Capture One Pro 9.2 now supports D500 RAW files.

I never used Capture NX-D but I like the way Capture One Pro handles the D500 compared to LR. I'll be interested in your NX-D comparison.

Jun 24, 2016 at 07:22 PM
Lance B
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Capture One Pro 9.2 now supports D500 RAW files.

Mnd1 wrote:
I never used Capture NX-D but I like the way Capture One Pro handles the D500 compared to LR. I'll be interested in your NX-D comparison.

From early tinkering with Capture One Pro, I think the end results can be made to be at least as good, if not better than with CNX-D. However, Nikon's CNX-D takes much longer and is much more difficult to get the results that I want. With COP 9.2, there are better tools and the workflow is much easier. I found it difficult to easily see what images were useful to keep as the zoom tool of COP makes it fast. One particular image I overlooked through CNX-D, I found to be an excellent image when I looked through COP 9.2, see below.

D500 + 400 f2.8E FL VR + 1.4x TCIII, 1/1,250sec, f5.6, ISO5600

Jun 26, 2016 at 05:56 PM
Mnd1
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Capture One Pro 9.2 now supports D500 RAW files.

Have you come across this?

It's fast and does help in some situations.

Fast Raw Viewer

Jun 27, 2016 at 05:45 AM
TimMunsey
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Capture One Pro 9.2 now supports D500 RAW files.

Hi Lance, are you happy with Capture One's yellows? I have it, still rent it but barely use it for wildlife due to color problems.
I find I can star my images in NX-i, batch convert the images to tiffs in NX-D and finish in photoshop cc using bridge to review and choose.
I have fast raw viewer, like it, only wish it could star files in a way recognizable to NX-D.
They all seem to an issue.

Tim

Jun 27, 2016 at 09:25 AM
Lance B
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Capture One Pro 9.2 now supports D500 RAW files.

TimMunsey wrote:
Hi Lance, are you happy with Capture One's yellows? I have it, still rent it but barely use it for wildlife due to color problems.
I find I can star my images in NX-i, batch convert the images to tiffs in NX-D and finish in photoshop cc using bridge to review and choose.
I have fast raw viewer, like it, only wish it could star files in a way recognizable to NX-D.
They all seem to an issue.

Tim

I have not had an issue with yellows in COP. First i've heard of a colour problem.

Jun 27, 2016 at 09:43 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.