FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Sony Time-lapse App does the work

Jim Dockery
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sony Time-lapse App does the work

I found it very cool getting to sleep while my A7rII took pictures most of the night, and at sunrise using the Time-lapse App. Putting together the videos has been fun, but computer intensive. Cherry picking a few out of the hundreds of RAW files to process as stills is great - just scroll through until the clouds and light are right.

Moonrise behind Mt. Baker, taken from Heliotrope Ridge
https://c6.staticflickr.com/8/7624/27849954365_500b9d276e_b.jpg

Sunrise
https://c7.staticflickr.com/8/7369/27237750454_e971c81dd1_b.jpg

Jun 24, 2016 at 03:17 PM
jdc562
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sony Time-lapse App does the work

Note: Clicking on the images to get a large black surround in FM makes these "pop" so much more. Very nice images.
---John

Jun 24, 2016 at 05:22 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sony Time-lapse App does the work

Hey Jim,

That's a cool location, and I really like the clouds in the first one. They seem a little on the dark side though. Also you should think about a different title. That's a great title for posting in the Sony forum, but in here since we aren't a fear forum the title should describe the photo or location. In the thread itself is a great place to describe any techniques or gear used to capture an image.

Jim

Jun 24, 2016 at 07:53 PM
Jim Dockery
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sony Time-lapse App does the work

Thanks for the comments guys. Duly noted on the title Jim - I tried to edit it, but it didn't seem to take (asked if I wanted to reset the forum, I clicked OK, but no change). The clouds are a bit on the dark side, as is the whole picture - I often prefer to let night pictures look more like what my eyes see.

Jun 25, 2016 at 10:06 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.