Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              28      
       end

Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

Keagan

Upload & Sell: Off
p.29 #1 · p.29 #1 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

Thanks for getting it cocodrillo. They way GFW treats it photographers is right out of the 30's when women and children were second class citizens with no real purpose in society.

Sep 26, 2017 at 04:15 PM
RandyR
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.29 #2 · p.29 #2 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

they asked me on Monday to shoot this w/e. I said no because you don't pay your bills. They offered PayPal upfront and travel expenses. We agreed on an amount and a cutoff date. Last night I got an email saying they had done an auto pay to my bank and it would take a few days, which means I shoot and then I get paid. And the amount of the transfer was wrong anyway.

I'm not sure someone was playing a game on me but I am sure I don't trust them enough to shoot and then get paid. I said NO this morning.

Shooter BEWARE

[edit] I just got an automated email from their pay machine. Said I'd see the money in 4 days. Despite being told over and over to use Paypal (and they agreed) they claim to have sent it to my bank (they don't have an account or routing number so I'm guessing this is human error or worse). The arrival is coincidently 4 days after the race ??
I hope I'm wrong because I hate to treat a potential customer this way, anybody else and I shoot and then get paid.

Oct 06, 2017 at 08:34 AM
MikalWGrass
• •
p.29 #3 · p.29 #3 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

Smart move telling them no. What was their reaction? Did they try to strongarm you into shooting by claiming that payment was made?

Oct 06, 2017 at 10:15 AM
RandyR
• • • •
p.29 #4 · p.29 #4 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

MikalWGrass wrote:
Smart move telling them no. What was their reaction? Did they try to strongarm you into shooting by claiming that payment was made?

Not yet, it’s only been a few hours

Oct 06, 2017 at 10:57 AM
schlotz
• • • •
p.29 #5 · p.29 #5 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

29 pages and still going... amazing

Oct 06, 2017 at 12:54 PM
RandyR
• • • •
p.29 #6 · p.29 #6 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

i Wasn’t wrong, they’re up to no good....added them to my spam folder for future emails

[edit]. They tried a few more stunts to get me to shoot before getting paid. I doubt they were ever going to pay 1st
Watch out for these guys, they act like a team

Oct 06, 2017 at 03:28 PM
Mark Kuhlmann
• •
p.29 #7 · p.29 #7 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

RandyR wrote:
they asked me on Monday to shoot this w/e. I said no because you don't pay your bills. They offered PayPal upfront and travel expenses. We agreed on an amount and a cutoff date. Last night I got an email saying they had done an auto pay to my bank and it would take a few days, which means I shoot and then I get paid. And the amount of the transfer was wrong anyway.

I'm not sure someone was playing a game on me but I am sure I don't trust them enough to shoot and then get paid. I
...Show more

That's absurd. I've gotten several requests to shoot the past few months but haven't even responded. How shady can a company be?

Oct 06, 2017 at 08:59 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

RandyR
• • • •
p.29 #8 · p.29 #8 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

Mark Kuhlmann wrote:
That's absurd. I've gotten several requests to shoot the past few months but haven't even responded. How shady can a company be?

The only thing left was to offer to pay upfront
They appear to have plenty of business but not enough shooters. We appear to have created a little shooters union here. Now their pay 1st scheme has been outed

Oct 07, 2017 at 08:34 AM
Keagan

p.29 #9 · p.29 #9 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

I believe this could be viewed and charged under Federal Wire fraud statutes. Additionally if they are crossing state lines with the fraud it would be applicable under other Federal charges under the RICO Act. It might be time this gets brought to the attention of the Justice department, this is text book fraud!

Oct 08, 2017 at 12:06 AM
Keagan

p.29 #10 · p.29 #10 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

UNITED PHOTOGRAPHERS MUST STAND AND BRING DOWN THIS NATIONWIDE FRAUD.

Oct 08, 2017 at 12:08 AM
jcdill

p.29 #11 · p.29 #11 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

On another forum yesterday I learned that an employee of GF just quit, after not receiving a paycheck for 5 weeks.

Oct 13, 2017 at 07:42 PM
RandyR
• • • •
p.29 #12 · p.29 #12 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

believe it or not I got another prepay email from them yesterday. I said I was interested. They must have sent it in error and realized I'm already aware that there appears to be no PayPal payments (sounds familiar) so no reply from them.
Is this what a bad company looks like in public or is there an explanation. Has anyone else got these new emails ? I know 1 other shooter who has for sure.

I emailed them this morning and said take me off the rooster.

Oct 18, 2017 at 12:33 PM
tmalone893
• •
p.29 #13 · p.29 #13 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

I've gotten prepared offers for this past weekend. I just ignored it as I'm sill owed money from past jobs.

RandyR wrote:
believe it or not I got another prepay email from them yesterday. I said I was interested. They must have sent it in error and realized I'm already aware that there appears to be no PayPal payments (sounds familiar) so no reply from them.
Is this what a bad company looks like in public or is there an explanation. Has anyone else got these new emails ? I know 1 other shooter who has for sure.

I emailed them this morning and said take me off the rooster.

Oct 18, 2017 at 12:50 PM
Keagan

p.29 #14 · p.29 #14 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

These guys think we are stupid. As for them they are the MASTERS of BAIT and they think we are their BITCH! I would hope everyone has requested that their name be removed from the roster. If no one is available then they will start losing contracts. If you have an opportunity get in touch with any race director in you area and let them know what GFM is doing. If we can cut off the funds suppliers we can closeout this forum and move on with our lives. They clearly have failed as a company and a concept.

Oct 18, 2017 at 04:54 PM
       end

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password