Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

Probably see you tomorrow!

Aug 19, 2016 at 01:03 AM
matthewo
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

When is the last time someone got a payment? Mine was July for a shoot at the end of April

Aug 19, 2016 at 01:25 AM
superfly5

p.5 #3 · p.5 #3 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

I got paid for everything in April, but once May shoots came around everything stopped and the note in the pay stub email stating that I would be paid in 15 days was removed. Also, for anyone email the [email protected] I tried email them for a good 2 weeks and never heard anything. I'm going to assume the accounting department vanished.

Aug 19, 2016 at 01:02 PM
bb123

p.5 #4 · p.5 #4 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

OS3U_Sports wrote:
So many clich'es come to mind, this is my tongue-in-cheek post Marty.

Money talk$ and bull$hit walk$... and you guys are running.
Put up or $hut up.... you have nothing to put up do you?
Fi$h or cut bait... all you have is bait.
$hit or get off the pot... GFM should just go ahead and file and stop promising compensation that will never come.
Treat people the way you would like to be treated... Lip service via emails for almost 100 days. That would be since May.
Always be humble...

You clearly don't know the definition of tongue-in-cheek.

Ive met Marty multiple times and have talked with him over email quite a bit since this began, trying to find a solution and get paid. He's been nothing but helpful so dont be an idiot and swear at people who have no ability to change the situation. I dont know if he's getting paid but if he isnt then you think adding insult to injury is gonna help? He may be volunteering his own time to help get us paid.

And you'd really rather gf file for bankruptcy? You do understand that if they do that NONE of us will be paid out money, right? Smart.

Aug 19, 2016 at 02:42 PM
JohnKelly

p.5 #5 · p.5 #5 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

I'm been sending lots of emails into Gameface regarding the payment situation, At this point, Marty McCrory and Brent Doscher are about the only one responding to emails, despite they are the ones who don't handle the payments and have very limited knowledge on the issue. You have to appreciate that at least, as without Marty or Brent, I wouldn't be getting any responses at all.

Aug 19, 2016 at 02:51 PM
OS3U_Sports

p.5 #6 · p.5 #6 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

I'm not in that deep, so I don't care if they go under. I can afford to lose a gran or 2. How about you? GWC, right?

Aug 19, 2016 at 05:06 PM
tjbel05
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #7 · p.5 #7 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

Wow....I have stayed pretty low key until now. I have been following this thread for quite some time. I did speak up when my name was tossed out for something I never said. I am a PROFESSIONAL photographer. Therefore, I act, speak and behave professionally. The tone of this forum has degenerated to name calling, childish, elementary school yard level.

Are we all frustrated about the pay situation...Yes. I don't know about you, but I was raised that there are some things that you don't talk about and when you do, if you don't have a solution for the problem...keep your mouth shut. Unless you are the CFO or CEO of GF do you know what the problem is? If not how can you offer a solution? The obvious answer would be to get paid, that is the end solution. First we have to get to the root cause and work our way out. Just like Marty or Brent we don't have the complete picture so no solution.

Why in the world do you think calling them names or badmouthing them or saying some of the stupid stuff I have read is going to make a difference as to what or when you get paid?

If those of you who are posting "If I don't get paid tomorrow, I will be back on here whining" go out and shoot other assignments, it might lighten the burden until GF gets us paid. Your complaining here is NOT HELPING your situation.

I would like to thank Marty and Brent. Even though THEY HAVE NOTHING to do with issuing payments, their responses to emails have been timely with the limited knowledge they can offer. If you want to verbally berate anyone, it should be the CEO/CFO. They are the ones who are not communicating and they are the ones with the answers.

Rant over...back to your regularly scheduled whatever you do.

Aug 19, 2016 at 05:29 PM
bb123

p.5 #8 · p.5 #8 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

OS3U_Sports wrote:
I'm not in that deep, so I don't care if they go under. I can afford to lose a gran or 2. How about you? GWC, right?

That's mighty selfish to hope they go under and screw over all those people who are owed a lot more than you. Glad to see you are only out for yourself. You mentioned that this was a "small community." Apparently that means its a community of only you, and screw everyone else.

Aug 19, 2016 at 05:48 PM
JohnKelly

p.5 #9 · p.5 #9 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

Edited on Nov 19, 2016 at 01:48 AM · View previous versions

Aug 19, 2016 at 05:56 PM
WillWeaverRVA

p.5 #10 · p.5 #10 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

tjbel05 wrote:
Wow....I have stayed pretty low key until now. I have been following this thread for quite some time. I did speak up when my name was tossed out for something I never said. I am a PROFESSIONAL photographer. Therefore, I act, speak and behave professionally. The tone of this forum has degenerated to name calling, childish, elementary school yard level.

Are we all frustrated about the pay situation...Yes. I don't know about you, but I was raised that there are some things that you don't talk about and when you do, if you don't have a solution for the problem...keep your
...Show more

Thank you.

Aug 19, 2016 at 06:44 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

CW100
• • • • •
p.5 #11 · p.5 #11 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

OS3U_Sports wrote:

right, what's a measly $2k when you're making the "pro" big bucks

Aug 19, 2016 at 10:35 PM
John Patrick
• • • •
p.5 #12 · p.5 #12 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

Boy, this thread brought out all the new members!

Total Posts: 6

Total Posts: 2

Total Posts: 4

Total Posts: 6

Total Posts: 3

And a lurker that's at least been almost 4 years since registration:
Total Posts: 11

(And that's just this page!)

I hope for your sake and ours, you decide to give this little forum a chance and post some photos, contribute to posts, and become part of the community.

John

Aug 20, 2016 at 03:15 AM
mrenk5021

p.5 #13 · p.5 #13 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

martymccrory wrote:
Hi all,

As one of the Directors of Photography at [COMPANY], I'm beyond embarrassed at the way [COMPANY] has handled this situation, from the beginning of this fiasco to screwing up this email. I wish I could do more to make things right. Happy to talk about this offline or over email. You can reach me at [EMAIL] or [PHONE]

Marty you claim to want to answer questions and make things better. However when I was trying to ask questions in the Gameface Photographers Closed Facebook group (that you're a admin of) that question never got approved to be posted. Instead I was removed from the group and from Gameface's system all together. Is that really how Gameface does it's business? Don't like what someone has to say so we just shut them out all together?

It was a simple question. I asked why the photographers have to read about Gameface's money problems in Runners world's article. Don't you think perhaps the people who are most important to Gameface should have been notified long before that article came out. Now you have a whole lot more pissed off photographers that don't want to have anything to do with Gameface other then getting paid. For the record when is the last time you cashed a Gameface pay check?

Aug 20, 2016 at 04:37 AM
Frankieotto

p.5 #14 · p.5 #14 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

Has anyone gotten a deposit for events from mid May to the end of May? I'm waiting on a deposit for the weekend of May 13-14.

I know, long time... Trying to stay positive and keeping my chin up, but sure could use the $$ to pay for school fees and supplies. The fees just to play a HS sport is crazy. I'm still trying to figure out when they started putting number and letters together in math.

Just looking for some info besides what the emails are saying.

Aug 21, 2016 at 10:34 PM
lionsfan54
• •
p.5 #15 · p.5 #15 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

So, I found this interesting... I shot a race for Ironman (i.e. another company not GFM), last weekend (8/14). I got a check, in my mailbox on 8/20. That's insanely fast. Usually they pay in about a month (I've shot for them for about 5 years and it's about 30 days to pay). So, they've either just started doing things faster, or maybe they're reacting to this?

Because at the race, the guys working for Ironman full time knew ALL about GF's struggles. Perhaps they're trying to pick off good shooters by being the "good cop"?

Edited on Aug 22, 2016 at 07:07 PM · View previous versions

Aug 22, 2016 at 01:03 PM
jk_photo

p.5 #16 · p.5 #16 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

I'm skeptical GFM is angling for a 'good cop' type move in paying off some shooters ASAP - obviously GFM knows there is chatter about their financial circumstances, and I'd imagine that intentionally paying select shooters a few hundred for a weekend NOW would justifiably draw a lot of ire from photographers who have been waiting for months for thousands.

Possible hypothesis: GFM has either improved their contracts with events/sponsors to get paid sooner or up front, OR they've got a new or increased line of credit so they can make payments to photographers while waiting for sponsors to pay up.

Edit: NEVERMIND. Reading is hard. Although GFM, if you're paying attention, if you are managing to pay down debt faster than you're accruing it, the whole credit thing wouldn't be a bad idea to help soothe cash flow issues of paying photographers before sponsors pay...

Edited on Aug 22, 2016 at 07:20 PM · View previous versions

Aug 22, 2016 at 06:29 PM
lionsfan54
• •
p.5 #17 · p.5 #17 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

jk_photo wrote:
I'm skeptical GFM is angling for a 'good cop' type move in paying off some shooters ASAP - obviously GFM knows there is chatter about their financial circumstances, and I'd imagine that intentionally paying select shooters a few hundred for a weekend NOW would justifiably draw a lot of ire from photographers who have been waiting for months for thousands.

Possible hypothesis: GFM has either improved their contracts with events/sponsors to get paid sooner or up front, OR they've got a new or increased line of credit so they can make payments to photographers while waiting for sponsors to pay
...Show more

To clarify, my immediate payment came from working an event for FinisherPix, not GFM.

Aug 22, 2016 at 07:08 PM
jk_photo

p.5 #18 · p.5 #18 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

Ah ha. That makes a LOT more sense. And here I was being optimistic!

Aug 22, 2016 at 07:13 PM
Frankieotto

p.5 #19 · p.5 #19 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

Do you think anybody else at GF besides Marty reads this thread?? Do any of the team leaders read this??

Everyone knows we're just the photographers who are hanging in there waiting to be compensated but what about the rest of the GF employees/investors/sponsors. Do you think they know of this forum?

Please, if your a team leader or someone who has anymore insight into this, please share what you think or what you may know. That may sound dumb but what else do we have to loose. PM me if you want. I know, DUMB, right?

It's just the start of another more that likely disappointing week.

Aug 22, 2016 at 11:35 PM
shooshoo

p.5 #20 · p.5 #20 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

Frankieotto wrote:
Do you think anybody else at GF besides Marty reads this thread?? Do any of the team leaders read this??

Everyone knows we're just the photographers who are hanging in there waiting to be compensated but what about the rest of the GF employees/investors/sponsors. Do you think they know of this forum?

Please, if your a team leader or someone who has anymore insight into this, please share what you think or what you may know. That may sound dumb but what else do we have to loose. PM me if you want. I know, DUMB, right?

It's just the start of
...Show more

(Former) team lead here. I as well as many other TLs stopped accepting contracts. Not treated any differently than everyone else, just paid a little more.

Aug 22, 2016 at 11:51 PM
1       2       3       4      
       6              29       30       end

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
       6              29       30       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password