1       2      
       4              28       29       end

Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

tjbel05
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

FightForRight wrote:
Just like regarding the patent lawsuit, I think it's important to draw light to this issue. Photographers continue to risk being paid or not with recent and future assignments. Keeping it in the shadows hurts more and more photographers who might otherwise wind up working wiithout being paid.

---------------------------------------------

bb123 wrote:
I don't know if meant to specifically reply to me, but I don't know who Tammy is. I also think its important too draw light on the issue, but not to the point where your screwing those of us who have already worked and are trying to get paid. Especially when Capstone would profit off of doing that. You aren't saying "let's get these photographers paid!" in your facebook posts, your saying "hey, race directors, come to Capstone and pay us that money instead!" You are offering no solutions for us photographers owed alot of $$... Its your own selfish
...Show more

Just to be clear. I also shoot for gameface and capstone. I think the Tammy he was referring to may be me.... I don't know why, as I DO NOT AIR MY DIRTY LAUNDRY IN PUBLIC!!! So please keep me out of this.

Jul 27, 2016 at 08:06 PM
lionsfan54
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

We got published...

http://www.runnersworld.com/general-interest/race-photographers-say-they-havent-been-paid

Jul 28, 2016 at 06:39 PM
lionsfan54
• •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

Given that GameFace knows they can't/won't pay people for months and they aren't disclosing that, is them hiring shooters for races illegal now? What does the contract say about payment? Anyone have it handy?

Jul 28, 2016 at 07:04 PM
matthewo
• • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

not sure it say in the contract but I think it say somewhere,

but I did get my email receipt for payment that states this:

This was on 6/13 nearly 6 weeks ago.

"Your payment will be processed within 15 business days.

If you have questions about the amount of your payment, please contact
[email protected] For questions about delivery of your payment,
please contact [email protected]"

Jul 28, 2016 at 08:49 PM
Frankieotto

p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

Just the same emails....

Jul 29, 2016 at 01:20 AM
zephoto
• •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

lionsfan54 wrote:
Given that GameFace knows they can't/won't pay people for months and they aren't disclosing that, is them hiring shooters for races illegal now? What does the contract say about payment? Anyone have it handy?

Log in to the panel, click My Contracts, View Terms to view it. From my quick glancing over it I didn't see the time frame of being paid which was only stated in the e-mail they send in post as already linked.

Jul 29, 2016 at 03:07 PM
matthewo
• • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

gameface has a facebook group for its photographers, a few month back before I knew this was a full blown issue, I was rather irritated and had no responses from multiple emails and I posted on the facebook group as that had some activity by gameface staff. I basically posted asking a time frame for payment and could someone get back to me. needless to say the post was not approved.

watching the group I have seen no mention of issues with payments and it seems like business is better than ever there, with many sharing of photos from events by the staff.

Jul 29, 2016 at 04:32 PM
lionsfan54
• •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

Yeah, I also posted a question there that wasn't approved. Tass would be proud of that outfit

Jul 29, 2016 at 07:20 PM
drewfritz

p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

I'm not surprised at all that this is happening. They've been having money problems since at least 2014 when I drove from Tampa, Florida to Oklahoma to shoot a two-day event, only to be told after I got there that the second day was being canceled so I would only be paid for one day and I would also not be paid for expenses. I argued vehemently with Marty and Brent that this was not the deal we had agreed upon and finally got what had been promised, but only after I threatened to sue the company. Shortly afterward that my services were no longer required. They are unappreciative, childish asswipes, so don't waste your time shooting for them.

Jul 31, 2016 at 08:28 PM
jonjon

p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

This is in the new contractor orientation handbook.

"Gameface processes payments within 30 days of your event. Our accounts department will reach out to you after you have photographed your first event to determine your preferred method of payment. We offer Bill.com direct deposit or paper checks for our US photographers. PayPal payment is provided for photographers located outside the United States."

Aug 01, 2016 at 01:20 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

mrenk5021

p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

jonjon wrote:
This is in the new contractor orientation handbook.

"Gameface processes payments within 30 days of your event. Our accounts department will reach out to you after you have photographed your first event to determine your preferred method of payment. We offer Bill.com direct deposit or paper checks for our US photographers. PayPal payment is provided for photographers located outside the United States."

I have the original handbook, and it says "You will be paid shortly after the event. We cut checks within two weeks of the event, and send them to the address provided on your contractor account. If you have a change in address, it is your duty to notify someone at Gameface. At this time, contractors outside the USA are paid using PayPal. You must send us your PayPal address within 72 hours of the event to get paid in a timely manner."

They are currently in breach of contract with all of their established photographers. With that said for Marty to come here and say anything was a smoke and mirrors tactic since the Runners World article was coming out and there wasn't anything he could do to stop it at that point. I have sent several emails to them with no response about them being out of money or that payment will take longer then usual. If Marty truly cared about the photographers that he gave contracts to he would have been upfront about the lack of payment we would receive. Instead they blind sided us. I'm sure they still collect their pay every week.They continue to hire unsuspecting new blood that they can put on the hook for thousands of dollars. I will not be doing any more work for them until they are paid in full and they are back to 14days net. Thankfully I didn't put all my eggs in one basket and they only owe me a little over $500. However that $500 is what Im short on this months real estate taxes. So Thank you Gameface for putting me and many other photographers behind on their bills.

If Gameface collapses then we are all screwed on getting what is owed to us, however the work we do isn't going anywhere and we can work for the next company that takes on all the big work.

Aug 02, 2016 at 04:37 AM
shooshoo

p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

Throwing in my 2c: i've worked w/ GF for years now, first time payments have ever been delayed for me. I am owed >$5,000. Last event that I've been paid for was in April. Please ask any questions that might help us progress these payments, I am sorely in need.

Aug 07, 2016 at 08:02 PM
mrenk5021

p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

shooshoo wrote:
Throwing in my 2c: i've worked w/ GF for years now, first time payments have ever been delayed for me. I am owed >$5,000. Last event that I've been paid for was in April. Please ask any questions that might help us progress these payments, I am sorely in need.

A friend of mine was told last week by email that some "May" payments would go out this week. However its Friday and I doubt he was paid. I'm waiting for June events, maybe by Christmas that money will show up.

Aug 12, 2016 at 07:15 PM
lionsfan54
• •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

I was told the same thing by someone. Friday, still nothing.

Aug 12, 2016 at 07:31 PM
mrenk5021

p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

Apparently their latest tactics are to keep employing new unsuspecting blood. $50 an hour will sound great to them. Little do they know they wont be paid. http://southjersey.craigslist.org/crg/5725491509.html

Aug 12, 2016 at 07:38 PM
superfly5

p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

Just adding to the "payments this week" I have received this or a variation of this answer since mid May from a few of the GF directors. I am currently a few thousand out at this point. Its a very very sad situation that has developed with GF.

Aug 12, 2016 at 07:39 PM
John Patrick
• • • •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

This is why I pay my photographers at the end of the event. Before they leave, I hand over a check. As my 5 year old daughter says, easy peasy lemon squeezy.

John

Aug 12, 2016 at 08:12 PM
RandyR
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

That is so wrong it is infuriating

mrenk5021 wrote:
Apparently their latest tactics are to keep employing new unsuspecting blood. $50 an hour will sound great to them. Little do they know they wont be paid. http://southjersey.craigslist.org/crg/5725491509.html

Aug 14, 2016 at 06:34 PM
jonjon

p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

mrenk5021 wrote:
A friend of mine was told last week by email that some "May" payments would go out this week. However its Friday and I doubt he was paid. I'm waiting for June events, maybe by Christmas that money will show up.

I have been told that same thing for 2 months. They owe me $6000 now. Here is the last email I received over a month ago

"We are very sorry for the delay in photographer payments this spring.
This is always our toughest cash flow part of year since we have very few events in the first part of the year which means very little revenue. Then when May arrives, we go from a couple of events per weekend to 20+ events per week. This is great since we generate a lot of revenue from events and sponsors, but typically those folks donít pay us until at least 45+ days after the event, many times longer. That means we have obligations to pay our loyal photographers immediately, but donít receive the revenue to offset those obligations until months later. To complicate things further, we are currently bringing in a new finance professional in the coming month, which means we have been short staffed in our group handling of photographer payments during the busiest portion of the season.
We are working on making payments for late April and early May now and then will move on to mid/late May payments the after that. We should be getting payments out for May 7/8 weekend events over the next week. Mid/late May event payments we would forecast will be 2-3 of weeks out from now.
We feel terrible that our loyal photographers have seen delayed payments this year and understand the frustrating position this puts you in. We will continue to work hard to get these payment delays caught up and to ensure there are lots more events for you to cover."

Notice the May 7/8 weekend (which is one of many payments I am waiting for) was going to be paid over the next week. Like I said that was a month ago.

Aug 15, 2016 at 01:25 AM
lionsfan54
• •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

Yeah, same crap email we've all been getting for months. Sorry to hear. Hope that you all get paid. I'm Early May too and still no check. I can't even get their accounting department to confirm that I'm supposed to get a paper check, they won't even answer that email.

Aug 15, 2016 at 02:35 AM
1       2      

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password