Upload & Sell: Off
p.13 #1 · p.13 #1 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

PLT3Z,

How much does GFM owe you that you?

Nov 21, 2016 at 11:35 AM
digital5ive0

p.13 #2 · p.13 #2 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

will file , today in small claims court.....GFM, Owe $ 768.00 see how many others do the same.... folks, should visit their booth in Orlando , with their billing invoice!

Good luck, all,,,, keep the pressure .......

Nov 21, 2016 at 12:08 PM
Littleguy
• • •
p.13 #3 · p.13 #3 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

Try for a lien, but you would have to find their assets first...

https://www.rocketlawyer.com/article/how-to-place-a-lien-on-a-house-or-other-personal-property.rl

Small claims court doesn't help you collect - you can win in court but the court isn't going to collect the judgement for you.

You need to find their assets and place claims on them.

Nov 21, 2016 at 12:17 PM
designer18

p.13 #4 · p.13 #4 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

Brian Walker is the CTO Chief Technology Officer... he wouldn't have anything to do with the payroll.
I have the name of the accountant... he emailed me once promised payment and since has ignored me. it is listed on Linkedin.

it even says he helps process photographers payment through bill.com!!! look up their Accountant on Linkedin.

Nov 21, 2016 at 12:58 PM
lionsfan54
• •
p.13 #5 · p.13 #5 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

designer18 wrote:
Brian Walker is the CTO Chief Technology Officer... he wouldn't have anything to do with the payroll.
I have the name of the accountant... he emailed me once promised payment and since has ignored me. it is listed on Linkedin.

it even says he helps process photographers payment through bill.com!!! look up their Accountant on Linkedin.

Brian Walker is the one that emailed us all with promises of payment. He's the one that gave his personal phone number and such. I suspect that given their issues he's wearing multiple hats at this time.

Nov 21, 2016 at 01:20 PM
designer18

p.13 #6 · p.13 #6 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

Oh my bad! Maybe I should try him... heck why not!

I have a Chris B who is the accountant there who talked to me about payment. I have also emailed David L. the CEO, who responded to me on Thursday promising an answer by end of day Friday.. and I haven't heard back yet. I had full hope he would. Chris B is listed as the accountant since June and he promised that I would be paid back in August after my invoice must have "slipped through the cracks" because "they have been busy there at GameFace"... The best answer I can get which is only by the project owner is that I am in the "mix".. I wonder if the GameFace employees would stand for that as an answer on payday.

Nov 21, 2016 at 01:56 PM
Daniel Smith
• • •
p.13 #7 · p.13 #7 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

martymccrory wrote:
I'm one of the Directors of Photography at Gameface. I'd like to offer some insight.

We are behind on paying our photographers. You all are what make Gameface great, and I'm sorry we've let you down. All of us at Gameface are doing everything we can to rectify this immediately.

Everyone will get paid. We are winning new events every week. Investors are showing great interest in contributing to our company. I can't promise specific dates for payment but we are working hard to catch up on payments at this time.

Feel free to reach out to me directly with questions. My email
...Show more

All of us at Gameface are doing everything we can to rectify this immediately.

I take it that all you on salary are giving up your paychecks to make sure the money goes to the photographers, right?

Nov 25, 2016 at 03:33 PM
coolpix43
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.13 #8 · p.13 #8 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

I previously shot some freelance work for Color Run and had no problems getting paid, in fact, got paid on the day of the shoots.

Nov 26, 2016 at 07:54 PM
WillWeaverRVA

p.13 #9 · p.13 #9 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

All I want for Christmas is for Gameface to pay me. I sent a very strongly worded email directly to the CEO and didn't receive a reply. Looking at options to pursue them in small claims court...

Nov 28, 2016 at 11:35 AM
designer18

p.13 #10 · p.13 #10 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

I have had the same result. It is mind blowing... really.

Nov 28, 2016 at 03:41 PM
digital5ive0

p.13 #11 · p.13 #11 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

Nov 28, 2016 at 11:26 PM
XYZ123

p.13 #12 · p.13 #12 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

Cross-posting a new thread on SportsShooter. http://www.sportsshooter.com/message_display.html?tid=43507

Nov 29, 2016 at 11:37 AM
designer18

p.13 #13 · p.13 #13 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

I find it interesting-- I am a designer and was asked to design pitch decks for them for different accounts in July. They claim they had no idea they had financial issues then or they would not have had me do work for them. I am going with they needed to pitch these accounts ASAP and get them to sign on to get money to pay the long list of photographers who have not been paid. I still haven't been paid for my design work (over 100 days later). Not sure if those accounts ever signed on with GameFace either. As I mentioned before I don't get any response from them at all other then I am in the mix to get paid sometime. I am suspect I was lied to and beyond frustrated with their lack of response/professionalism in handling the situation.

Nov 29, 2016 at 12:27 PM
lionsfan54
• •
p.13 #14 · p.13 #14 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

designer18 wrote:
I find it interesting-- I am a designer and was asked to design pitch decks for them for different accounts in July. They claim they had no idea they had financial issues then or they would not have had me do work for them. I am going with they needed to pitch these accounts ASAP and get them to sign on to get money to pay the long list of photographers who have not been paid. I still haven't been paid for my design work (over 100 days later). Not sure if those accounts ever signed on with GameFace either.
...Show more

They flat out lied to you. They had events from April and May they weren't paying in July. So, clearly they knew they didn't have money.

It's this kind of stuff that makes me mad at them. Like I said, business troubles happen, that's fine. But the lying part is what angers me. So glad I got paid finally. Sorry about people still waiting.

Nov 29, 2016 at 01:04 PM
IKnowNuttin

p.13 #15 · p.13 #15 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

They say they are paying the oldest bills first. I have been waiting over 5 months to get paid. I just received an offer for an event and it said I would get paid within 30 days. They are picking and choosing who they want to pay and letting the rest of us wait.

Dec 02, 2016 at 12:06 PM
OKshooter

p.13 #16 · p.13 #16 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

Hello everyone.

Fellow shooter here that is owed some (not allot of money). This is a long message.

I'm been doing some thinking about this problem and have the following thoughts. I'm looking for feedback

While GameFace Media (GFM) recently received some money (90 days ago) I was told that only some of this money was used to pay their oldest invoices from June. In other words, new investment money isn't being used to pay invoices.

Unless something changes very dramatically very quickly I will likely be pursuing some creative avenues in January. I've given this some thought and there are allot of ways to get them to pay.

You can help me by providing some input.

Question
1. Anyone from Boston and can verify if they are still in the same building that's on their website? Have they moved or closed this rather pricey office?

2, Anyone know a Boston MA attorney that likes to get paid on contingency from insurance companies?

3. Anyone know anyone at the Mass State Attorney General's office?

4. Can you point me to info regarding the online photo locker company that they bought?

5. Do you know anyone in the Venture Capital world? Specifically Boston? Possibly that works at Copley Equity Partners?

6. Some of these angles demand volume of complaints. Would everyone mind just sending me the following information regarding the invoices that you are owed? If I get enough people that are interested we may be able to make some noise. I don't want specifics just a general sense of the amount owed from people that care to respond.

Screenname
Total Amount Owed
First Event Date that you haven't been paid for?
Last Event Date that you haven't been paid for?
Last Payment date
Last payment amount

7. Anyone know anyone at any of the runners magazines? Would be great to have someone from these companies start "sniffing" around GFM regarding an article

Creative Angles
#1 The most creative angle would be to find an enterprising attorney that wanted to file a suit against GFM, it's Corporate Officers and Board of Directors for Breach of Fiduciary duty. Typically when a company receives funding like GFM did, they are required to purchase a Director's and Officer's policy which normally start with a $1m limit. This type of policy responds to suits that allege financial mis-management as appears to have happened here. The problem with this route is that is isn't fast. If they did this correctly they could represent all of us.

#2 Another angle would be to fish around the State Attorney General's office regarding getting them to file a criminal complaint against GFM for Fraudulent Misrepresentation. States typically have laws that hold CEO's criminally responsible for the actions of their company. This would get their attention.

#3 Another Angle would be to start making calls to people at Copley Equity Partners asking "what the heck is going on" with GFM? That will get back to GFM verrrry quickly for sure. This becomes even more effective if we all take turns calling everyday.

#4 Another option would be to file a mechanic's lein against the race sponsors. Not so much to pay but to get them to pressure GFM. Follow my logic, if you hire a contractor to build a deck on your house the lumber company can file a lien against your house when they aren't paid. An enterprising attorney would attach their receivables or their intellectual property.

Ultimately, based upon the limited information available I don't see anyway that they can dig out of this in the near future. Future invoices can't be used to pay old debt because you remain behind unless you can dramatically raise prices or someone drops a pile of money on you. Furthermore, I don't see how venture capital funds would knowingly give money to essentially bankrupt companies.

Okshooter, whose not ok with this situation

Dec 02, 2016 at 10:59 PM
digital5ive0

p.13 #17 · p.13 #17 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

NO payment in my account this week, again! WTF...... yes, maybe we do need to file a class-action suit...

Dec 03, 2016 at 02:18 PM
WillWeaverRVA

p.13 #18 · p.13 #18 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

Just noticed they're now down to 10 employees. I can't tell who just left, though, but they had 11 last week.

Dec 05, 2016 at 03:48 PM
XYZ123

p.13 #19 · p.13 #19 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

Another employee left

Edited on Mar 10, 2017 at 02:58 PM · View previous versions

Dec 05, 2016 at 05:17 PM
digital5ive0

p.13 #20 · p.13 #20 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

Watching a slow death of a company..........................

Dec 05, 2016 at 08:29 PM
1       2       3              12      
       14              30       31       end

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              12      
       14              30       31       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.