Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

3              30       31       end

Archive 2016 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

matthewo
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

I got paid for the event I shot 2 months ago, I still have one open event that I shot a little over a month ago

Jul 10, 2016 at 08:29 PM
e-connor

p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

No. They still owe me literally THOUSANDS of dollars for jobs from over 2 months ago. I could not get anyone to respond for the longest time but finally got a form response from the CTO at Gameface Media that basically said they are out of money and cannot pay their photographers at this time because they are waiting to be paid by their sponsors. An online negative Gameface review from another unpaid said they raised millions from investors during the summers of 2014 and 2015 and that he thought they were out of money because he could not find anything online about them raising money in 2016 and he has not been paid. Marty from Gameface posted in this very thread that they have interested investors. So I am wondering which it is. Are they waiting to be paid by sponsors or are they waiting on more funding? And if their free picture business model has not been profitable in 3 years why would anyone continue investing? Whatever is going on they do not have any working capital at this time and the photographers are suffering because of it. This has caused my family financial hardship. It seems like they could have seen this coming and at least warned photographers up front about the pay lag before sending us contracts but that is not what happened or I would have opted for other opportunities with more timely payment. It appears they are still covering events and its business as usual on their Facebook pages. But word is getting out and friends of mine that work with other event contract companies have been contacting me asking if it is true that Gameface has stopped paying their photographers. I also heard on the grapevine that the venture capitalists themselves have ceased control of the operations to try and make Gameface profitable and recoup their investment. I don't know what to believe any more. I just want to be paid and move forward. I hope everything works out for Gameface because they care a lot about picture quality instead of volume volume volume and because there are SO MANY photographers depending on these payments. If anyone has any updates or information on this matter, please post it here.

Jul 13, 2016 at 12:07 PM
dd123

p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

Nothing but positive expereinces until this year, and now nothing. Went from prompt or early payment to nothing for the past few months. Myself along with many many others are very behind (multiple thousands in outstanding payments), and we just keep getting the run around.

Jul 14, 2016 at 09:18 AM
RandyR
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

e-connor wrote:
No. They still owe me literally THOUSANDS of dollars for jobs from over 2 months ago. I could not get anyone to respond for the longest time but finally got a form response from the CTO at Gameface Media that basically said they are out of money and cannot pay their photographers at this time because they are waiting to be paid by their sponsors. An online negative Gameface review from another unpaid said they raised millions from investors during the summers of 2014 and 2015 and that he thought they were out of money because he could not find
...Show more
This was all I needed to read, thx

Jul 14, 2016 at 11:05 AM
dd123

p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

Seems to be the case across the board for everyone.

Jul 14, 2016 at 12:10 PM
lionsfan54
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

Yeah, the half dozen guys I worked with back in early May sent out a mass email to our group asking about getting paid. I steered them to this thread.

Jul 20, 2016 at 04:41 PM
lionsfan54
• •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

What was the date of the event 2 months ago? Maybe we can nail down a timeline so others can roughly figure out payment schedules?

Jul 20, 2016 at 04:42 PM
matthewo
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

shot an event 4/30 - got check 7/7
shot an event 6/4 - not paid yet.

Jul 20, 2016 at 10:10 PM
zephoto
• •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

I have shot four events with them this year and haven't been paid for any. The amount owed is now quite hefty. I've been shooting with them since 2013 and I haven't had any issues up until now.

My first event (of four) was 5/6 which is 11 weeks ago. All four events are past the "15 business day pay" clearly.

Matt I appreciate your input that you actually got something. That leads me to believe the 5/6 weekend payout would be coming next week.

Thankfully I have other sources of income and it's not like I'm relying solely on their payment but it is incredibly frustrating that there hasn't been a general e-mail sent out to everyone saying "Hey we screwed up and here is what is happening. You can expect X by X" or something along those lines.

Very disappointed in the lack of communication and am incredibly frustrated at this situation.

Jul 23, 2016 at 10:47 AM
lionsfan54
• •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

Yeah, I don't like that I got an apology email that promised payments several weeks ago that still haven't happened. Rumor is an article is coming out in Runner's World magazine soon covering this topic...

Jul 24, 2016 at 09:11 AM
jonjon

p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

What I am wondering is, how long do I continue to do work for them without them paying. They owe me a few thousand dollars now. I have several more contracts coming up, should I continue to work, or are they going under and never going to pay up? I love shooting for them, but not for free. I have other income, but after three months things are getting tight as I counted on this for my summer income. I could be doing other things. At this point I am unsure of what to do, I dont want to lose a spot with them if they are going to pull out of this, at the same time I can't work for free and try to maintain paying bills. This is extremely frustrating and worrisome. Is everyone else just continuing to shoot for them with out being paid?

Jul 24, 2016 at 10:56 AM
lionsfan54
• •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

Yeah, I think this is the quandary a lot of us are facing. I don't think anyone uses Gameface as their primary income source, but when do you stop spending time investing in them? That's the question, I agree.

The concern is the music is going to stop and some of us aren't going to have chairs. A lot of my corporate accounts pay 30-60 days and it is what it is, but I know I'm getting paid, so I can live with it. These guys though, it wouldn't surprise me tomorrow if they're just gone and then what? I think we're all SOL.

I'll say this... if I had 2 gigs coming up and one was Gameface and one wasn't, I'd steer clear of Gameface for now.

Jul 24, 2016 at 01:15 PM
zephoto
• •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

I have no intentions of signing up for another event until this storm has cleared. The future seems too murky right now.

Jul 25, 2016 at 10:31 AM
JohnnyBPhoto

p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

My fiancé an I both shot several events for them as far back as May. They owe us a bit over $2k. I got the form letter that "it was their busy season" and they were restructuring their finance dept. still haven't seen a dime, and the fiancé has been told by a reputable source who was blacklisted for being too vocal "former payroll person for photographers has a new job, and they've stopped paying rent on their office in Boston"... I'm more than a bit pissed personally... Don't know how valid that bit is, but it's worth getting the info out there

Jul 25, 2016 at 05:52 PM
zephoto
• •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

Uhg...

Jul 26, 2016 at 10:05 AM
FightForRight

p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

<edited>

Edited on Jul 27, 2016 at 01:51 PM · View previous versions

Jul 26, 2016 at 05:10 PM
lionsfan54
• •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

FightForRight wrote:
Here's the Office Manager job posting: http://www.indeed.com/cmp/Gameface-Media/jobs/Accountant-Office-Manager-dbe6f791f26feeb1?sjdu=QwrRXKrqZ3CNX5W-O9jEvawE-dgWLvZTqeLQb4saX4jE_mJXPYaAIUPeDK3tx3nnAdRKhvJwde1Fi5JeVDx7nWSeMunVBODdHGbz-5uaCu8

"Process payments for independent contractors" Nah....

Jul 26, 2016 at 07:58 PM
bb123

p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

FightForRight wrote:
Here's the Office Manager job posting: http://www.indeed.com/cmp/Gameface-Media/jobs/Accountant-Office-Manager-dbe6f791f26feeb1?sjdu=QwrRXKrqZ3CNX5W-O9jEvawE-dgWLvZTqeLQb4saX4jE_mJXPYaAIUPeDK3tx3nnAdRKhvJwde1Fi5JeVDx7nWSeMunVBODdHGbz-5uaCu8

And they are STILL hiring photographers. Just posted today!! http://calgary.craigslist.ca/crg/5701838005.html

Michael Skelps from Capstone Photography, I shoot for you and Gameface aswell as other companies. It’s ironic you’re calling out Gameface for their late payments since your own company has been late with payments to me twice, which made me late on rent both times. Gameface owes me money as well just like everyone else in this thread, but you know what they say about people who lives in glass houses... I heardthey are out of money and they have told me that they have client money coming in soon. Do I believe them? I dunno. Don't try and pretend you're doing this all for us though… if they are actually waiting on payments from clients to pay us photographers, you intentionally stirring the pot with Capstone's Facebook posts is making it less likely that we will ever get paid what we are owed, and Capstone will probably profit off it in the end.

Jul 27, 2016 at 12:22 PM
FightForRight

p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

Just like regarding the patent lawsuit, I think it's important to draw light to this issue. Photographers continue to risk being paid or not with recent and future assignments. Keeping it in the shadows hurts more and more photographers who might otherwise wind up working wiithout being paid.

Edited on Jul 27, 2016 at 01:51 PM · View previous versions

Jul 27, 2016 at 12:45 PM
bb123

p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Gameface media - heads up on getting paid

FightForRight wrote:
Tammy, just like regarding the patent lawsuit, I think it's important to draw light to this issue. Photographers continue to risk being paid or not with recent and future assignments. Keeping it in the shadows hurts more and more photographers who might otherwise wind up working wiithout being paid.

I don't know if meant to specifically reply to me, but I don't know who Tammy is. I also think its important too draw light on the issue, but not to the point where your screwing those of us who have already worked and are trying to get paid. Especially when Capstone would profit off of doing that. You aren't saying "let's get these photographers paid!" in your facebook posts, your saying "hey, race directors, come to Capstone and pay us that money instead!" You are offering no solutions for us photographers owed alot of $$... Its your own selfish interests.

Jul 27, 2016 at 01:32 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.