New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Me, my wife and voigtlander

desourav
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Me, my wife and voigtlander

Hi Fellow FMers,

We had been to beautiful Inner Mongolia last week, and it was a treat to experience the wilderness.
This was also the first time I got the chance to use my Voigtlander Nokton 58 f1.4 SL II.

Comments and Critics appreciated to improve my photography.

Thanks!

Jun 22, 2016 at 11:09 PM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Me, my wife and voigtlander

They look lovely

Jun 23, 2016 at 02:33 AM
Steve Wylie
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Me, my wife and voigtlander

First three are very nice. The last one suffers from overly processed sky. The tell is the black areas on the hills and mountains.

Jun 23, 2016 at 07:06 PM
macentropist
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Me, my wife and voigtlander

I like all of them except the size, great shots, poor choice of size, too much scrolling needed.

Love number 1, very nice capture!

2 cents...

Regards

Brian

Jun 23, 2016 at 08:59 PM
desourav
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Me, my wife and voigtlander

Thanks for your suggestion.

Actually you can click on any one of the pictures and the website resizes them to fit the screen. You can then use arrow keys to view them.

Will take care of the size next time.

Jun 23, 2016 at 09:04 PM
desourav
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Me, my wife and voigtlander

Yes that's the result of lazy processing.

Thanks for your feedback.

Jun 23, 2016 at 09:05 PM
ShutterbugJ
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Me, my wife and voigtlander

1) It's difficult to photograph people crouching and have it look natural. If she was angled a bit more to face towards your left, I feel it would look slightly more natural. When people crouch like that, from straight on their legs bulge a bit wide (because they're being flattened from behind) and their pants gets really tight around the seat, which just doesn't look natural. I like the composition and lighting a lot.

2) The best shot in my opinion, although her face looks slightly green. Her arms look natural however. I would probably crop slightly closer or shoot slightly wider, so you don't get the sliver of leg visible, as it attracts attention when it's so minute. It's big enough to be visible, small enough that it's not cohesive to the relaxed nature of the rest of the image.

3) Great composition, but back focussed.

4) Agree with above comments about the over-processing on the mountain/sky transition.

Jun 27, 2016 at 10:43 PM
Brev00
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Me, my wife and voigtlander

I really like #4. The processing does not bother me so much because this is the only shot where her gaze is to the camera and it is a very nice, serious gaze at that. A lot of feeling. Her blouse is distinctive and its bright quality helps direct my attention to her. So, I failed to notice the backdrop! I also noticed and liked the rock fence in the foreground.

#1 might be better inverted--with her on the right and the negative space on the left. I might also like to see it in black and white as the lines and patterns seem to be more important than the greens. I like the closeup with her freckles in #2. Nice bokeh. Not crazy about the cropped arms. Some eye contact might have been nice.

You are creating very nice scenes. For variety, it might be nice to downplay the scene and just let your wife be the undiluted star.

Jun 28, 2016 at 01:51 PM
desourav
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Me, my wife and voigtlander

Thank you so much.
She is a selfie obsessed girl, and all these positive feedback will help me convince her to pose before the camera more often.

Brev00 wrote:
I really like #4. The processing does not bother me so much because this is the only shot where her gaze is to the camera and it is a very nice, serious gaze at that. A lot of feeling. Her blouse is distinctive and its bright quality helps direct my attention to her. So, I failed to notice the backdrop! I also noticed and liked the rock fence in the foreground.

#1 might be better inverted--with her on the right and the negative space on the left. I might also like to see it in black and white as the
...Show more

Jul 01, 2016 at 11:47 PM
desourav
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Me, my wife and voigtlander

Totally agree with the back focus.
The lens is manual and sometimes until you upload the picture , it's difficult to identify perfect focus.
Uploaded it because the composition was good.

ShutterbugJ wrote:
1) It's difficult to photograph people crouching and have it look natural. If she was angled a bit more to face towards your left, I feel it would look slightly more natural. When people crouch like that, from straight on their legs bulge a bit wide (because they're being flattened from behind) and their pants gets really tight around the seat, which just doesn't look natural. I like the composition and lighting a lot.

2) The best shot in my opinion, although her face looks slightly green. Her arms look natural however. I would probably crop slightly closer or shoot
...Show more

Jul 01, 2016 at 11:49 PM
Brev00
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Me, my wife and voigtlander

desourav wrote:
Thank you so much.
She is a selfie obsessed girl, and all these positive feedback will help me convince her to pose before the camera more often.

Not your typical selfie-obsessed expressions that I see all the time (duck face, tongue out, etc.). She seems quite sensitive and that sensitivity could make for more great images. If she will allow it. Good luck with that and post 'em when you get them.

Jul 02, 2016 at 12:23 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.