Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2016 · Anyone hook up their Sigma 18-35 to D500?

Jawnath1n
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Anyone hook up their Sigma 18-35 to D500?

Any word on whether it is fixable with the firmware update on the lens?

Jul 21, 2016 at 02:34 PM
SiMuMe
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Anyone hook up their Sigma 18-35 to D500?

Read here

Jul 22, 2016 at 01:03 AM
runamuck
• • • • • •
[X]
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Anyone hook up their Sigma 18-35 to D500?

My first camera was a Nikon N60 with 1, count them, ONE focus point. Focus and recompose was part of my muscle memory. It is now a part of how my brain functions. IF you are totally displeased with the lens' performance I will take it in, give it a good, caring, loving home and regular exercise for FREE!!! There willo be NO CHARGE for some lucky person.

As as child my family had focus free Kodak Brownie cams. In the service I had a little Kodak focus free camera.

Jul 22, 2016 at 03:46 PM
SoundHound
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Anyone hook up their Sigma 18-35 to D500?

These comments reveal the true cost of 3rd party lenses. They are "semi-disposable." Yes there are fortunate exceptions. Example: I retain 9 Nikkon AI/AIS/non AI lenses that are just dandy today. The Spirarones and other pretenders junked long age.

Yes my immortal Nikkors are MF. Even more reason when AF and VR is involved to realize that newer and more specialized camera technology requires more specialized lenses (even Nikon has obsoleted older bodies for newer lenses). Further proof would be the much lower resale value (if any) of older 3rd party lenses. In some cases I have a profit in certain Nikkor and Canon lenses that I bought new-really something unknown for 3rd party lenses.

My policy is to buy only those 3rd party lenses that have features not available from Nikon. Ex: The FF version of the bower Fisheye because it is much better in sharpness and projection than the Nikkor. Also the Bower 35mm F1.4-used only at F1.4 where it has unprecedented sharpness and contrast. As a non AF VR lenses there's little to break or become uncompatable.

The Tokina 11-20mm F2.8 made for DX. It's fast and also works on FF from 17-20mm. I know I am taking a chance of obsolescence. But it is moderately priced, versatile, sharp and works well with my D3300. I know may have to sell the D3300 and the Tokina together in the future.

Jul 27, 2016 at 09:56 AM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.