Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · UK members (Northumberland) help request.

therealthings
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · UK members (Northumberland) help request.

Sorry to post this here. Please move it Fred if its inappropriate. But I need a little help. I booked the weekend for the Farne islands and now it seems that due to weather conditions they most likely won't sail out to the isles. Is there any chance to go somewhere close by to photograph some shorebirds? A guy from the national trust suggested Long Nanny, but he said I will only see Terns there. No puffins. And I have seen online that the distance to the birds is pretty far away. I'm a bit bummed here. Travelled for days with a lot of gear probably for nothing. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Marcus

Jun 17, 2016 at 02:14 PM
Ed Swift
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · UK members (Northumberland) help request.

Hi Marcus,

That's a real shame about your trip. I'm not from the area, but I would check www.rspb.org.uk to see if there are any reserves near you. It will also tell you what to expect when you are there.

You are also 'relatively' (less than 2 hours drive) near the Kielder Forest if you have a car which isn't shore birds but they do have Osprey and other animals.

I hope you get some more localised responses from others (I'll keep my fingers crossed the weather comes good for you)

Ed

edit; this might be of interest http://www.northnorthumberlandbirdclub.co.uk/what-to-look-for-this-month.html

Jun 17, 2016 at 03:44 PM
therealthings
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · UK members (Northumberland) help request.

Ed Swift wrote:
Hi Marcus,

That's a real shame about your trip. I'm not from the area, but I would check www.rspb.org.uk to see if there are any reserves near you. It will also tell you what to expect when you are there.

You are also 'relatively' (less than 2 hours drive) near the Kielder Forest if you have a car which isn't shore birds but they do have Osprey and other animals.

I hope you get some more localised responses from others (I'll keep my fingers crossed the weather comes good for you)

Ed

edit; this might be of interest http://www.northnorthumberlandbirdclub.co.uk/what-to-look-for-this-month.html

Thanks Ed,

We managed to make a reservation for sailing to the farne this morning. We have to make haste as we need to be checked in at the ferry at 3:30. I really hope we'll get some good opportunities. Sun is very bright, so tough circumstances for puffins at the moment.

Marcus

Jun 19, 2016 at 02:43 AM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.