Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Summer is in the country, time to start the beach volley season :)

RubenL
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Summer is in the country, time to start the beach volley season :)

This weekend we had the first meeting in the Swedish beach tour. and for me the first time to photograph beach volley.
Interesting sport, but not that easy to photograph if you are trying to get close to the action in my opinion. The players are making very unpredictable moves, and that makes it not that easy to select the right focus point to create the best possible composition.

Here are the 5 shots from the finals, that i liked the most.

© Ruben Lamers

-1-

-2-

© Ruben Lamers

-3-

© Ruben Lamers

-4-

© Ruben Lamers

-5-

Jun 16, 2016 at 02:21 PM
CW100
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Summer is in the country, time to start the beach volley season :)

beach volleyball is fun

Jun 17, 2016 at 09:10 AM
Brev00
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Summer is in the country, time to start the beach volley season :)

A new challenge! I am sure you will get the hang of it in no time. It might become more predictable with experience. They should always be taking three hits: bump, set, spike. One person is usually better at one job. Now where the spiker hits it is up in the air. But not really. The ball should go either cross court or down the line depending on the position of the blocker and the style of the hitter. If you shoot the same people for more than a game, you should get the idea. The second shot here is really a classic I think. Fully committed, feet off the ground, sand flying, ball in the frame. No advertisements or cropped body parts. Just terrific. The first is excellent with the ball both in the frame and reflected in her glasses. She is off the ground. The cropped person and the background detract for me but the subject makes up for it. Shooting with a long prime might have its limitations as you might have been able to back off and get the ball in the frame in #4 with a 70-200.

Jun 17, 2016 at 09:51 PM
Andrew Villa
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Summer is in the country, time to start the beach volley season :)

1 and 2 are my faves. Love the DOF with the 200 f2.

Jun 18, 2016 at 11:22 PM
Lee Wiren
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Summer is in the country, time to start the beach volley season :)

Holy cow, the action is awesome here, feels like i'm at the beach! I like 1 & 5 the most.

Jun 19, 2016 at 09:10 AM
mikekeating
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Summer is in the country, time to start the beach volley season :)

Wow Ruben, I am digging , the first one . . .I think it could look really cool cropped heavy to the face and ball since you have the ball in the sunglasses.

Nice set!!

Jun 19, 2016 at 10:49 AM
John Skinner
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Summer is in the country, time to start the beach volley season :)

Just love tight shots on this sports.

Ya, the net, the people, the yada yada.. But nothing beats the faces and sweat.

Jun 20, 2016 at 04:52 PM
lhryshko
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Summer is in the country, time to start the beach volley season :)

Digs/dives are the ultimate challenge in shooting volleyball and you're killing it Ruben. Just need a bit of luck now where other players aren't directly in the way. Great work!

Jun 20, 2016 at 08:17 PM
Aqualung
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Summer is in the country, time to start the beach volley season :)

Like that 1st one a lot.

Chris

Jun 23, 2016 at 08:19 PM
TrojanHorse
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Summer is in the country, time to start the beach volley season :)

Good grief Ruben! Give up the handball, these are great! Thanks for sharing!

Jun 24, 2016 at 02:01 AM
gschlact
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Summer is in the country, time to start the beach volley season :)

Ruben,
Great action on the down low bump and save game.
Nextup, get some light and shoot the above the net game.
I one read a tip at some people actually keep a low focus point on the legs so net doesn't distract af, to keep the face in focus.

Jun 26, 2016 at 06:36 PM
RubenL
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Summer is in the country, time to start the beach volley season :)

Thank you all for the advice and comments, there are a lot of things i can try the next time.

TrojanHorse wrote:
Good grief Ruben! Give up the handball, these are great! Thanks for sharing!

No way, I love the handball, perfect for under winter time when it's minus 20 degrees Celsius but now it's summer, and time to do some other things, to improve some skills, and hopefully to get known also in other "worlds" in the hunt for a job

I photographed this weekend also cycling, that was not that fun in my opinion. but i can open a new post on that one :P

Jun 28, 2016 at 03:21 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.