1       2      
       end

Archive 2016 · 1DX Mark II "Real World Review" by Jared Polin

Gust
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · 1DX Mark II "Real World Review" by Jared Polin

SeattleBirdMan wrote:
Gust, what do you shoot and what are you finding specifically really helps your outcomes?

Motorsports, bikes, cars, large number of dynamic stuff, but also motorbike/cars tests and launches.
in studio he is great, low light perfect.
AF is amazing, better as the "old" X
colours and dynamic range I overwhelmed
so: best you can get at this moment.

Jun 17, 2016 at 12:09 PM
evertdoorn
• • • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · 1DX Mark II "Real World Review" by Jared Polin

I picked up a rental 1dX II this afternoon. It's heavy, for sure

That live view is pretty awesome too!

Jun 17, 2016 at 12:26 PM
Gust
• •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · 1DX Mark II "Real World Review" by Jared Polin

I like the weight of a body, especial with long glas.
worked since 1995 with the 1 series and spare time I use a 5D, feel uncomfortable.

Jun 17, 2016 at 12:30 PM
evertdoorn
• • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · 1DX Mark II "Real World Review" by Jared Polin

guess it's what you are used too . I shoot events a lot and on 12 hour working days I think 2x 5D's would be a bit better for me. But the balancing with long glass is certainly a thing, and built quality seems great.

Where did you buy yours Gust? Seems no Dutch dealer has them available at this point

Jun 17, 2016 at 12:36 PM
Gust
• •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · 1DX Mark II "Real World Review" by Jared Polin

Correct Evert,
there are still backorders at this moment. In August they will be in the stores, Canon expect.
Placed my order before the launch at 2 feb and got him end of April, first batch.
My dealer is KameraExpress

Jun 17, 2016 at 12:42 PM
ggreene
• • • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · 1DX Mark II "Real World Review" by Jared Polin

rscheffler wrote:
I just demoed a 1DXII alongside my 1DX at a wedding. It has a number of incremental refinements that combine to make it a somewhat better tool. But I never felt like the 1DX left me wanting in comparison and I used both fairly interchangeably throughout the day (which is a plus in some respects).

I don't think there will be a clear-cut answer about how much better the Mark II is over the X. Each of us will have different uses and expectations.

I intend to do a very similar thing this Summer hopefully. Right now the 1DX2 is not on the CPS evaluation list so have to wait but once it's available I'll put it up head to head against my 1DX. With no interest in video and little of my work at base ISO it will all come down to the AF and how big of a gap it has in performance. The area I am most interested in is its ability to track objects with foreground obstacles. I do equestrian work and that is a stickler for me for jumping events. The white and red poles have a nasty habit of grabbing the AF lock when a horse goes through the jump. Even with the sensitivity set to -2 it still shows some inconsistent results.

Right now is a slow period for me so I can wait it out and it gives Canon a chance to release a FW update or two for various bugs. The freezing up issues requiring a battery reset are especially worrisome.

Jun 17, 2016 at 12:44 PM
thebmrust
• • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · 1DX Mark II "Real World Review" by Jared Polin

Okay. I watched Fro's video... this is the first one I've even been able to make it all the way through (and actually enjoyed it).

But, I didn't watch it on a large screen (used my phone) so the large images and some of the critiques of sharpness weren't an option for me.

But he seems genuine and covered a lot of what most other shooters would experience.

Two thumbs up for me.

Jun 17, 2016 at 03:49 PM
evertdoorn
• • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · 1DX Mark II "Real World Review" by Jared Polin

holy crap, that live view

I didn't expect to be amazed at how good this is. This is also quite promising for mirrorless semi pro bodies from Canon...

Jun 18, 2016 at 08:00 AM
pplskills
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · 1DX Mark II "Real World Review" by Jared Polin

Fro is trash. I can't stand his loud and obnoxious personality. I think Tony does a good job though.

Jun 26, 2016 at 01:56 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.