Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Are you prepping for next season?

thebmrust
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Are you prepping for next season?

Looking back on the past season or two, are there things you saw that you would change?

Will you be adding or removing certain things from last season to next?

For us, we will be looking at:
Adding:
1) video
2) stories (season and maybe year long)
3) an assistent at games to get a head start on culling & editing.
4) more frequent uploading to sales site

Adjusting:
1) shoot locations (around the fields)
2) ISO for certain venues (we noticed we can shoot higher ISO and still keep decent sharpness for small print or digital sales)
3) game volume/frequency schedules (need to stay on top of games)
4) Focusing on certain shots of key players while still covering secondary and tertiary players of a team.

Changing:
1) focal lengths (adding less used lenses for a different perspective) & renting lenses that are completely different than what anyone is currently using right now in our region.

Removing:
1) Not much.

Jun 15, 2016 at 10:09 PM
Weasel_Loader
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Are you prepping for next season?

I shoot HS rodeo and looking into adding one of those 360 POV type cameras. I think it would be an interesting perspective to capture.

I did change focal length for next season (which starts in Sept). Last season I used a 300/2.8 for 95% of my images and it worked well but was a little long for some arenas. I briefly tried a 200-400VR2 and loved the versatility, but didn't like the look compared to what f/2.8 gave me. I decided to go with a 200/2 for next season and will use a 1.4TC for times when I need a little more reach. For what I'm shooting, 200mm is perfect and will give me an extra stop when I need it during night events.

Updating my website with a better look is another thing on my to-do list.

Jun 16, 2016 at 01:21 PM
PureMichigan
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Are you prepping for next season?

* Trying to rebalance my sets with more wide angle work. God bless the 400MM/2.8, but after awhile ...

* Going to reach to a local high school that has a photography program to see if I can get a student assistant for some games. Hopefully a win-win.

* Going to pay more attention to the quantity/quality balance in HS sports sets. "OK" shots will no longer make there way out of Lightroom. The pay is so bad the least I can do is pay a more attention to my "artistic integrity. "

Jun 16, 2016 at 04:01 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.