yup.

Jun 19, 2016 at 02:23 PM
runamuck
• • • • • •
[X]
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · D500: XQD card vs SD card

molson wrote:
You mean it's mandatory in Quebec?

Especially for those blizzards in August!!!

Jun 19, 2016 at 05:43 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · D500: XQD card vs SD card

Woodyg3 wrote:
Using just the SD card slot on the D500 is kinda' like putting snow tires on a Corvette...

I kid, I kid.

Ha ha, actually I like that analogy. If I had a Corvette I would love raising it a few inches and putting snow tires on it!

Jim

Jun 19, 2016 at 06:02 PM
architect7
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · D500: XQD card vs SD card

JimFox wrote:
Ha ha, actually I like that analogy. If I had a Corvette I would love raising it a few inches and putting snow tires on it!

Jim

Reminds me of the time Car & Driver took one across Alaska. Off-topic but they did improve the angle of approach with the C6; the C5 would rub its nose like no other. So if you do it, go with the C6 :

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/the-road-to-remorses-the-road-to-divorces-feature

Jun 19, 2016 at 07:46 PM
Douglas L
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · D500: XQD card vs SD card

Thanks again everyone for chiming in. Anyway, I went to the airshow on Saturday with only the 95MP/S Sandisk SD cards, it never hit the limit (45 shots?). I did it in bursts most of the time and I don't think I ever held the shutter down for more than 3 seconds. In that situation, the SD card was more than adequate. So snow tires on the Corvette were good enough because it was driving at 50MPH.

This morning I received the 64GB Sony XQD card from B&H that I ordered a while back. Will have some fun with it. I don't think I will buy another one until the price really comes down. I like the D500 but if a D820 (or whatever they will call it) can shoot 8 FPS, I think I will go back to full frame (just sold my D810). The higher mega pixel will give me more to crop to compensate the crop factor of the D500, while the wide end of my Sigma 150-600 Sports remains 150mm FOV.

Douglas

Jun 20, 2016 at 01:44 PM
runamuck
• • • • • •
[X]
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · D500: XQD card vs SD card

architect7 wrote:
Reminds me of the time Car & Driver took one across Alaska. Off-topic but they did improve the angle of approach with the C6; the C5 would rub its nose like no other. So if you do it, go with the C6 :

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/the-road-to-remorses-the-road-to-divorces-feature

I read the first page. Clicking page two took me to page 8. Then I read the same page 3 times using different page numbers. I sure hope the print version was better than the web version.

Jun 20, 2016 at 02:41 PM
architect7
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · D500: XQD card vs SD card

runamuck wrote:
I read the first page. Clicking page two took me to page 8. Then I read the same page 3 times using different page numbers. I sure hope the print version was better than the web version.

It's gotten so bad, hopefully this whole pay for clicks thing goes away someday. It seems current/former paper publications are the worst offenders which does them no favors compared to newer, less spammy content providers.

Here's the original trip in a C3 back in the '70's that inspired the C6 trip, though it's a barely less buggy article: http://www.caranddriver.com/features/northwest-passage-feature

Okay back on topic...but I could talk cars forever

Jun 20, 2016 at 11:15 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.