FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Weird things happen in this business

jmraso
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Weird things happen in this business

A friend of mine, a wedding photographer, shot a wedding last saturday, I saw his bride as I was shooting my wedding, she was beautiful and great a posing, moving, etc, today he told me he was a kind of shocked, so am I now, as this bride was hired by another photographer to model a wedding like shooting for his portfolio, aparently she does some model jobs from time to time.

So now, when my friend puts his photos of her on his Site and shop display, there will also be photos of the same bride in incredible locations on the other photographer Site.

Not sure if this is good for advertizing, good for the clients, etc ...

Jun 14, 2016 at 01:14 PM
MalachiConstant
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Weird things happen in this business

The likelihood of any client ever recognizing this, much less being put off by this, is around zero I'd wager.

Jun 14, 2016 at 01:17 PM
jmraso
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Weird things happen in this business

I forgot to mention this is a small town and many brides visit us all sometimes.

Jun 14, 2016 at 01:20 PM
SloPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Weird things happen in this business

I would give credit to the hiring photographer. Atleast he is hiring a real bride as a model.

Jun 14, 2016 at 01:56 PM
nolaguy
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Weird things happen in this business

Just add the caption:

"This gal gets around. This is her second marriage this month."

Jun 14, 2016 at 06:33 PM
glort
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Weird things happen in this business

This isn't unusual. I know a lot of the big names here got their kick start by advertising gorgeous brides in perfect settings doing wonderful things and gained notice that way.

The shoots were all set up with hired models, stylists etc the same as an advertising shoot. It got so prevalent that the Professional photo associations made a rule that entries into the yearly comps had to be of REAL weddings after some people came to notoriety after winning awards for set up shots.

In some ways I think it backfired because I had many clients come to me saying " XXX's work is nice, But I don't look like the girls in his photos". I guess the shooters weren't too worried though, they were pretty busy shooting the " Beautiful People" at about 10 times the price what most other shooters were getting at the time.

As for weird things.... I wouldn't even relate a lot of what I have seen as I still don't believe it myself and I was there!

Jun 14, 2016 at 09:41 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.