FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Pensacola Beach Sunrise

JimKied
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Pensacola Beach Sunrise

Not sure that this classifies as a landscape, but I thought it had enough landscape elements to qualify. I was actually headed to another location when I noticed the reflections in the water and thought I'd have to give this a try. Taken at "oh dark thirty" on a recent morning on a popular beach in Pensacola Beach, Florida. It is four vertical images stitched in photoshop. Hope you enjoy it.

Jun 12, 2016 at 07:28 AM
junglialoh
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Pensacola Beach Sunrise

fantastic image in great detail in such difficult condition to take photo

Jun 12, 2016 at 11:31 AM
przero
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Pensacola Beach Sunrise

WOW! Nice shot! Details?

Jun 12, 2016 at 11:52 AM
JimKied
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Pensacola Beach Sunrise

przero wrote:
WOW! Nice shot! Details?

Taken with Nikon D750 and 20mm f1.8 lens at f16 and 4sec ss. Iso 100. Not much done to it after stitching. Some curves adjustments and some distortion correction (which I didn't do a great job of - still need to improve there). Think that is about it.

Jun 12, 2016 at 03:03 PM
lionking
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Pensacola Beach Sunrise

Hey Jim!

I love the colors, and it looks like a beautiful scene, but composition wise its kinda all over the place,
the focal point is on the right, the leading line stumbles on this messy structure (which should not be in the frame in the first place), and then we have the moon in the center and some nice colors on the left, the clouds and reflections look nice too,
i think it would be nice to concentrate on some area of interest and work out the composition around that.

Cheers!
Andrey

Jun 13, 2016 at 04:45 AM
JimKied
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Pensacola Beach Sunrise

lionking wrote:
Hey Jim!

I love the colors, and it looks like a beautiful scene, but composition wise its kinda all over the place,
the focal point is on the right, the leading line stumbles on this messy structure (which should not be in the frame in the first place), and then we have the moon in the center and some nice colors on the left, the clouds and reflections look nice too,
i think it would be nice to concentrate on some area of interest and work out the composition around that.

Cheers!
Andrey

Yeah, I knew it was kinda weak compositionally. I really could not find a vantage point that would give me leading lines, rule of thirds, or what not. And I have images of just the condos and hotels and also just the "pre" sunrise that look pretty good also. I guess I was trying to capture this larger scene that would hold together without the composition rules coming into play. FWIW, this image speaks more to those that live here in Pensacola, since it is our "back yard." And I have gotten a lot of interest in it locally. In this instance, I was just trying to get the colorfully lit condos and hotels, the color of a new day starting and that transition between night and day. I do appreciate your commenting, as I always want to know how to improve.

Jun 13, 2016 at 07:31 AM
dgdg
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Pensacola Beach Sunrise

that's a cool scene.
I like the light on the beach as well.

David

Jun 13, 2016 at 07:43 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.