FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2016 · New Canon 6d. Tips?

Gochugogi
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · New Canon 6d. Tips?

Petie53 wrote:
There are 2 manuals available from Canon website - one is the full detailed manual and is actually very well written. I loaded it on my iPad as my memory is crap and it sure is handy to reference at times. I also printed it out double-sided but it is still a big book!

Another option is the book from David Busch for the 6D.

The camera is quite configurable and I am sure I haven't taken full advantage of all the settings. Really love the results. As to ISO, I tried the 50 setting but found no advantage at all for
...Show more

I didn't think much of ISO 50 until I forgot my ND filter on a waterfall and forest stream shoot. ISO 50 and a polarizing filter allowed me to use 1 or 2 second shutter speeds for the misty flowing water look.

Jun 25, 2016 at 03:05 PM
erikstoufferphotography

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · New Canon 6d. Tips?

Shutterbug2006 wrote:
I'm surprised you got any answers at all. You got all the support you needed, and more. Myself, I don't like helping lazy people, no offense intended. After you have perused the manual, if you actually have valid questions not answered by 300 page reference, which does come complete with an index, then feel free to come back and ask. I assure you nobody will begrudge helping you.

Okay I understand. Some people learn better from others, it's not that I'm lazy. And I did read the manual it offered little explanation into what they meant when they said something. Maybe I should pick up a book on the camera. But I assumed people liked sharing their expertise and indeed some do.

Thanks.

Jun 25, 2016 at 10:37 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.