Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Replicate a particular skew transform possible?

Andrew Pece Photography
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Replicate a particular skew transform possible?

I first wanted to thank everyone for their responses, I have gotten some great suggestions in this forum.

I am having something come up again and again and I don't quite have a solution for it yet. Within photoshop, I need to apply a particular transformation (skew to be exact) to multiple images. I need to apply the same transformation across multiple images. I have tried simply using the numbers that pop up next to your cursor during a skew, but I don't understand what those numbers represent exactly, and that method does not seem to work.

I know I can do this in lens corrections and then apply the same lens correction filter, but I usually need to be more fine than that so was hoping there was a way to do it with the skew transformation.

This comes up when I have a client and they'll want versions of an interior with say large folding doors closed and then another photo with them open. So, when I'm fixing my vertical lines with skew I'd like the two photos to be exactly the same as they are played in sort of animation style online.

Thanks again for any help.

Jun 10, 2016 at 01:32 AM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Replicate a particular skew transform possible?

what software ?
if your in CC then PS (ACR) and LR just got a new transform tool . basically you draw upto 4 lines on your image (2 vertical and 2 horizontal) and it straightens the image to those .
Ive only had a quick look on it but I think you can sync the results to your other images .

also you can zoom in (and there is a loupe) and out of the image to apply the lines .

Jun 10, 2016 at 02:06 AM
Andrew Pece Photography
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Replicate a particular skew transform possible?

Thank you. I just figured my problem out via a search, although I haven't tried it yet. This solution is so easy I feel foolish for not having tried it. I'd just need to select multiple layers (layer with open and layer with closed doors) and apply the transform to them both at the same time. I was under the impression you could only select a single layer for free transform and skew to operate.

Jun 10, 2016 at 02:50 AM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Replicate a particular skew transform possible?

If you do the skew from with the Free Transform command, then you can easily replicate it by using the Transform Again option (Cmd-Opt-T). That will apply the last transform you made. Unfortunately you can't save that and as soon as you restart Ps, you lose that in memory, but I used that two days ago to apply the same transform to about twenty images. That trick does not seem to work if you just choose Skew from the menu.

Jun 10, 2016 at 12:34 PM
Andrew Pece Photography
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Replicate a particular skew transform possible?

Peter Figen wrote:
If you do the skew from with the Free Transform command, then you can easily replicate it by using the Transform Again option (Cmd-Opt-T). That will apply the last transform you made. Unfortunately you can't save that and as soon as you restart Ps, you lose that in memory, but I used that two days ago to apply the same transform to about twenty images. That trick does not seem to work if you just choose Skew from the menu.

That's great to know. That'll work even better than skewing the two layers at once for me. Thanks for the post!

Jun 10, 2016 at 01:15 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.