New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Question about Lightroom stand alone 6.5.1 V. Lightroom CC

Mike Pearson
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Question about Lightroom stand alone 6.5.1 V. Lightroom CC

I recently got a new camera not supported by Lightroom 5 so I purchased Lightroom 6.5.1 on DVD.

Today I got a notification of an update, but from what I can tell it is an update to Lightroom CC. I really don't want anything to do with CC.

First, have I been suckered into using CC by buying the DVD version?

Second, how can I tell if an update is for my stand-alone version (assuming I have one and wasn't duped into CC) or if it is for CC?

Third, are there actually updates for the stand-alone version?

As you can tell I don't spend time keeping up with the Adobe world. I know just enough to know not to trust them (and their mixing marketing with updates just reinforces that). Since I started using computers in 1981 it has always been clear when there was an update for your program. Now clicking on update in Lightroom brings up all kinds of CC stuff and I have no way of telling which updates, if any, apply to my stand alone version.

Any insight into what I am dealing with would be appreciated.

Jun 08, 2016 at 08:33 PM
RAF09
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Question about Lightroom stand alone 6.5.1 V. Lightroom CC

If you bought LR on a DVD then you were not being sucked into CC. There are updates that will only apply to the CC version and will not install on your stand alone copy. Go to Adobe's site click on LR and you will find your answers. Also Adobe forums will point out the differences.

Jun 08, 2016 at 08:49 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Question about Lightroom stand alone 6.5.1 V. Lightroom CC

As Raf says CC doesn't come on a DVD .

Standalone 6 doesn't get any FEATURE updates but it does get Camera updates and Bug fixes just like all the LR versions before it .

Jun 09, 2016 at 01:04 AM
Keith B.
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Question about Lightroom stand alone 6.5.1 V. Lightroom CC

There are new ...or newly re-interfaced... features in this latest update. They appear in the Lens Correction and Transform areas of the Develop Module, as I recall.

Jun 09, 2016 at 04:26 AM
Zenon Char
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Question about Lightroom stand alone 6.5.1 V. Lightroom CC

I have stand alone 6.5.1 and it tells me I'm up to date.

Jun 09, 2016 at 05:58 PM
skid00skid00
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Question about Lightroom stand alone 6.5.1 V. Lightroom CC

I chose to update my 6.5 stand-alone tonight. Even though it said CC, it seems to have updated the stand-alone version.

Jun 10, 2016 at 12:00 AM
Mike Pearson
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Question about Lightroom stand alone 6.5.1 V. Lightroom CC

Thank you all for your responses. I feel better. I might actually get to live my few remaining days without Adobe snooping on my hard drives (I did turn off the reporting on how I use Lightroom "feature") and having to learn an Adobe alternative. I know most think I am nuts, but I grew up when there was actual privacy and companies respected privacy. It is hard for me to give up basic rights.

Zenon Char - when I open Lightroom then click on "Help" then click on "Updates" in the drop down window, I get a new small window that lists all the CC products and wants you to download them - a marketing ploy. After the update notice I did it and there was also a line with "Lightroom Updates - 1." When I clicked on that and the little download window appeared I saw that it mentioned "Lightroom CC" so I cancelled the download. I wish mine would just say "Up to date." I figure I will just not worry about updates until Lightroom won't do what I want it to do and then look for Adobe alternatives.

Jun 10, 2016 at 12:38 AM
dhphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Question about Lightroom stand alone 6.5.1 V. Lightroom CC

skid00skid00 wrote:
I chose to update my 6.5 stand-alone tonight. Even though it said CC, it seems to have updated the stand-alone version.

I updated the standalone from within the 'updates' tag inside LR and it went through the whole procedure and then failed but it did work the second try

As usual we non-subscribers get the arse-end of the feature updates, but at least we now have a proper Transform tool which I personally will use every day

Jun 10, 2016 at 01:02 AM
Zenon Char
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Question about Lightroom stand alone 6.5.1 V. Lightroom CC

I kept having problems and was getting Error Code: U44M2P28. Adobe support took over my computer and could not fix it. I looked it up and LR forums said it had something to do with the application manager. I uninstalled it and got support to give me a link to LR 6. I downloaded and it was version 6. Updates worked fine and I have 6.6 now.

Hard to find standalone LR at adobe as they want you to CC. When I did find it adobe wanted $149. I book marked that link this time.

Jun 12, 2016 at 12:11 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.