New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · My Daughter, the Senior Pt. 3

KristinSmall
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · My Daughter, the Senior Pt. 3

Whew! Finally got these done. My girl really wanted some spring photos in her senior album, so we ended up with a nice 3-season set. Here are some favorites.

1.) Happy to get some shots among the crocuses before they disappeared (short window of time.) These first shots were actually taken in front of a bank!

2.)

3.)

4.) Trying to incorporate at much of "her" as we can. She loves to knit (actually, self-taught!)

5.)

6.)

7.) Her other two loves -- coffee and owls!

8.)

Jun 08, 2016 at 11:32 AM
GoodEgg
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · My Daughter, the Senior Pt. 3

Keepers, Kristin! Really fine work. These will elicit smiles and maybe tears through the years. You can take these to the bank. You captured her beauty and mood.

Jun 08, 2016 at 11:50 AM
WiredMike
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · My Daughter, the Senior Pt. 3

Just goes to show that you can take a less than idea setting and turn it into shots like these.
Excellent work Kristin.
My only small critique is your logo, just IMHO it is very prominent and distracts from the image. But Im old school bottom left logo placer type person. So disregard if you think thats just silly!
Thanks for sharing.

Jun 08, 2016 at 12:32 PM
greg swan
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · My Daughter, the Senior Pt. 3

beautiful work, all are great, I rarely am drawn to black and white the way I am to #6, truly captivating image in all aspects.

Jun 08, 2016 at 04:28 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · My Daughter, the Senior Pt. 3

I like the fact there is not train tracks or a brick wall with shallow DoF in any of these. I to really like the B&W They look great and she is just beautiful and you captured that.

Jun 08, 2016 at 04:48 PM
KristinSmall
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · My Daughter, the Senior Pt. 3

GoodEgg wrote:
Keepers, Kristin! Really fine work. These will elicit smiles and maybe tears through the years. You can take these to the bank. You captured her beauty and mood.

Thanks so much! She is my really shy one who does not like to model like this, so I know that we (and she) will look back on these fondly.
---------------------------------------------

WiredMike wrote:
Just goes to show that you can take a less than idea setting and turn it into shots like these.
Excellent work Kristin.
My only small critique is your logo, just IMHO it is very prominent and distracts from the image. But Im old school bottom left logo placer type person. So disregard if you think thats just silly!
Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, Mike! I think that there are wonderful spots all around us if we open up to the possibilities. All I know is that I wanted those spring perennials. I do get what you say about the watermark, too. It's a tough one as I want to protect my work, but I don't want to ruin the view either.

greg swan wrote:
beautiful work, all are great, I rarely am drawn to black and white the way I am to #6, truly captivating image in all aspects.

Thank you, Greg swan! She liked that, too, and we added it to her collage.

airfrogusmc wrote:
I like the fact there is not train tracks or a brick wall with shallow DoF in any of these. I to really like the B&W They look great and she is just beautiful and you captured that.

Thanks for the kind words, airfrogusmc. I used to use the local tracks (like many,) before realizing the dangers (even though they were dead.) But, yes, they are cliche' as well. This girl had her own ideas and I think it makes her session unique and uniquely "her."

Jun 08, 2016 at 04:59 PM
Esee

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · My Daughter, the Senior Pt. 3

Great shots. I like the hair lighting.

Off topic: She resembles Khloe Kardashian

Jun 09, 2016 at 11:01 AM
lsutigerfan
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · My Daughter, the Senior Pt. 3

Great work. She does resemble one of the Kardashian girls, but you're NOT SUPPOSED TO SAY THAT TO HER MOTHER! J/K

Jun 10, 2016 at 07:55 AM
KristinSmall
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · My Daughter, the Senior Pt. 3

Esee wrote:
Great shots. I like the hair lighting.

Off topic: She resembles Khloe Kardashian

I had to look her up! Interesting. Not exactly seeing that, but it's hard for a mother when you are so close to the individual.

lsutigerfan wrote:
Great work. She does resemble one of the Kardashian girls, but you're NOT SUPPOSED TO SAY THAT TO HER MOTHER! J/K

Ha! I am not really familiar with the Kardashians, but I know that they have a reputation. Thanks!

Jun 14, 2016 at 10:19 AM
namaste

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · My Daughter, the Senior Pt. 3

Beatiful pics, amazing lighting in all the pics. Very nicely done

Jun 19, 2016 at 05:30 AM
Brev00
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · My Daughter, the Senior Pt. 3

Her reluctance to model really comes through! Just kidding. The complicated settings with such a variety of poses indicates a high level of cooperation and participation. Which also means you have a very sweet child. There is none of the self-absorption one sees in all those selfie shots. More of an old time innocence and humility. Lovely work. #3 is one of my faves with the direct gaze and backlighting and great tones in the black and white, nice shallow dof work and selective focus.

Jun 19, 2016 at 12:33 PM
KristinSmall
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · My Daughter, the Senior Pt. 3

Thank you both! Yes, she really hates being a model -- it's probably partly due to Photographer's Child Syndrome.

Jun 19, 2016 at 07:17 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.