Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · D500 - 3rd Party Batteries ?

Hrow
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · D500 - 3rd Party Batteries ?

Has anyone found a source for good quality 3rd party batteries for the D500? The Wasabi batteries that still work fine in my D800 after 3 years at 1/3 the cost of Nikon's batteries are useless in the D500. I understand it to be a firmware issue and am hoping that some manufacturer has found a work around.

Jun 07, 2016 at 10:58 AM
DGC1
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · D500 - 3rd Party Batteries ?

At this point, as stated by Nikon, there are none that work.

Jun 07, 2016 at 11:14 AM
molson
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · D500 - 3rd Party Batteries ?

Why risk a $2000 camera to save $20? If you can't afford to buy a battery, the last thing you should be buying is an expensive toy like a D500...

Jun 07, 2016 at 11:27 AM
DGC1
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · D500 - 3rd Party Batteries ?

molson wrote:
Why risk a $2000 camera to save $20? If you can't afford to buy a battery, the last thing you should be buying is an expensive toy like a D500...

YES,YES,YES!!!!!

Jun 07, 2016 at 11:34 AM
Hrow
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · D500 - 3rd Party Batteries ?

The question was asked because historically, there have been very good and safe options for alternatives to Nikon's ridiculous battery prices. Many of us have been using them for years and the Wasabi batteries that I use actually last longer than Nikon's in the D800. If there are not any good and safe options, then your point is absolutely valid. I am not going to put in a questionable battery to save a few dollars. However, if there are good and safe options (the point of the question), then the logical response is why pay $50 for functionally the same thing that you can buy for less than $20?

Seems like a perfectly reasonable question to me and not one deserving of a semi-hostile response.

Jun 07, 2016 at 12:17 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.