Username  

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · APU Acro

ryanwalvoord

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · APU Acro

My name is Ryan and I am new the forum. Hopefully these images are sized correctly . This is my 2nd attempt.
Thought I wold share some sports photos and get some feedback.

Edited on Jun 08, 2016 at 10:29 PM · View previous versions

Jun 05, 2016 at 02:54 PM
ryanwalvoord

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · APU Acro

Anyone know how to properly size these photos? They look so much better on my website.

Jun 05, 2016 at 03:51 PM
TrojanHorse
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · APU Acro

I don't know how you're uploading them to smugmug but for me... I usually upload the full resolution size and when I'm picking one to post here, I'll grab the direct link for the size I think will look best (800 px on the long side, or as close as I can get)

There's a little image icon on the post box that you put the URL into - are you just copying the URL into the body of your post?

Jun 08, 2016 at 10:32 AM
TrojanHorse
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · APU Acro

It looks like the board inserts its own BB code around your URL. I usually get the URL out of the "photo only" box and then insert that into the dialogue that pops up when you use the little landscape picture icon on the reply box.

None of which addresses your concern that your images look better on your website than they do here - what do you see as the difference?

Jun 09, 2016 at 09:48 AM
ryanwalvoord

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · APU Acro

I view this on a retna macbook pro. To me its a world of difference. I upload to facebook at 2048 px on the long end and the images look great. On FM, I've tried everything from 1200 to 800 on the long end and all that seems to do is affect the overall "display" size of the images. It does nothing for the quality. I can sharpen till I'm blue in the face but its still nothing in terms of improving the quality.

Jun 10, 2016 at 11:09 AM
TrojanHorse
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · APU Acro

I guess you're at the mercy of smugmug's resizing algorithm. If you really want to maximize the quality (the landscape folks do it all the time here I think) you'd want to resize the photo to the desired display resolution and then do your sharpening and what not and THEN upload to here. I personally don't go to that level of effort but if it's bothering you, maybe give that a shot and see if it makes the difference you're expecting.

Jun 10, 2016 at 03:30 PM
TrojanHorse
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · APU Acro

I guess you're at the mercy of smugmug's resizing algorithm. If you really want to maximize the quality (the landscape folks do it all the time here I think) you'd want to resize the photo to the desired display resolution and then do your sharpening and what not and THEN upload to here. I personally don't go to that level of effort but if it's bothering you, maybe give that a shot and see if it makes the difference you're expecting.

Jun 10, 2016 at 03:30 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.