New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2016 · Shooting shots of shooting

Blakemore
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Shooting shots of shooting

Changed the name of the post so I could include another shot that I really like.

© Blakemore 2016

Recoil

Spirit of the Gun

Edited on Sep 29, 2016 at 09:18 AM · View previous versions

Jun 03, 2016 at 07:44 PM
Fred Amico
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Shooting shots of shooting

Great timing!

Jun 03, 2016 at 08:10 PM
gladys
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Shooting shots of shooting

How many attempts before you got this perfect one? Very creative, fascinating image.

Jun 04, 2016 at 08:56 AM
Blakemore
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Shooting shots of shooting

Thanks Fred!

Gladys, I shot several runs with different folks at 5fps. It took me 92 shots before I grabbed this one. Of course I kept shooting because I wasn't really checking as I shot, so I was pleasantly surprised when I came across this one!

I have a couple of others that are kinda cool, but none of them as intriguing as this one.

Thank you very much for your comment!

Jun 04, 2016 at 10:36 AM
infosecgeek
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Shooting shots of shooting

That's awesome. Great lighting and timing

Jun 04, 2016 at 10:38 AM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Shooting shots of shooting

I have always wanted to try this. Thank you for sharing.

Jun 04, 2016 at 10:46 AM
FLSTCSAM
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Shooting shots of shooting

Great action photography shot, but poor firearms technique and recoil control.

Sam

Jun 04, 2016 at 11:57 AM
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Shooting shots of shooting

Neat!

CB

Jun 04, 2016 at 02:41 PM
JimW56
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Shooting shots of shooting

Excellent timing Blakemore, both are well done but my favorite is the second one. B/W works very well.

Jimmy

Jun 04, 2016 at 06:44 PM
pmartin4665
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Shooting shots of shooting

Great shots!

Jun 04, 2016 at 06:54 PM
Bryston3bsst
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Shooting shots of shooting

It's interesting how much the barrel moves when the slide is all the way back. All in, what.....200 milliseconds?

Very cool pictures.

Jun 05, 2016 at 08:21 AM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Shooting shots of shooting

Well, I hate the subject.
But I can't fault the images. Beautifully processed, well-timed. Just overall excellent!

Scott

Jun 05, 2016 at 05:36 PM
Blakemore
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Shooting shots of shooting

Thank you everyone! These have been a lot of fun.

Great action photography shot, but poor firearms technique and recoil control.

Sam

Thanks Sam, that was one of the boyfriends that showed up. Youngin' was trying to impress I think but was later corrected But I do thank him for providing me with the cool shot!

Excellent timing Blakemore, both are well done but my favorite is the second one. B/W works very well.

Jimmy

Thanks Jimmy! I think I like the second one best as well.

It's interesting how much the barrel moves when the slide is all the way back. All in, what.....200 milliseconds?

Very cool pictures.

I tried looking up a timeframe for that slide, Bryston, but it seems to vary quite a bit depending on model and ammo so I have no clue... BUT I do know it's doggone FAST! . And yes it sure is interesting. Part of what made these so much fun I think.

Well, I hate the subject.
But I can't fault the images. Beautifully processed, well-timed. Just overall excellent!

Scott

Thank you Scott! No one was harmed in the making of these photos HA!

Seriously though, I can certainly respect where you're coming from but I do greatly appreciate you setting aside personal feelings and giving me your opinion on the photos themselves.

In 2007 my little family moved away from where my wife and I grew up in Alabama. Even though we go back on very quick trips to visit her parents, we rarely have time to visit with other friends and family on my side. This day I had the rare opportunity to spend some time with my cousins that I haven't really spoken to in almost a decade. It really was a fun day with the family shooting at paper targets and learning A LOT about gun safety.

Jun 06, 2016 at 09:11 AM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Shooting shots of shooting

'It really was a fun day with the family shooting at paper targets and learning A LOT about gun safety.'

Way to do it!
I was torn about commenting about personal reaction since the photography should be primary. I appreciate your response to my reaction.

Scott

Jun 06, 2016 at 11:56 AM
Blakemore
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Shooting shots of shooting

sbeme wrote:
I was torn about commenting about personal reaction since the photography should be primary. I appreciate your response to my reaction.

Scott

We're not all crazy here... well, at least not in a lash out at people kind of way!

I think the whole world could be much better off if people could just talk. But what do I know, I'm crazy.

Jun 06, 2016 at 06:19 PM
twnotter
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Shooting shots of shooting

What was the lighting set-up and background? Indoor shoot?

Besides the terrible grip and control, I really like the first one. It captures some good action and the smoke trails look good.

Jun 08, 2016 at 09:34 PM
Blakemore
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Shooting shots of shooting

twnotter wrote:
What was the lighting set-up and background? Indoor shoot?

Besides the terrible grip and control, I really like the first one. It captures some good action and the smoke trails look good.

Thanks, I like the first too because to me, it has a real sense of tension and motion. Almost like it could have been shot in the middle of a turf war between rival gangs. I think the improper grip, bandage on the hand, and even the ring with the cross on it all add to that theme. I love the casing ejecting and the smoke seemingly spiraling out from it. However, I like the second one just as much because it has such a sense of finality and that crisp puff of smoke from the front... I really can't choose.

As far as lighting and location, these were all shot outdoors in sunlight, and that's it. No other lighting at all and no special equipment. They were off-the-cuff shots that I thought about near the end of the day, so nothing was planned.

Thank you very much for your thoughts on them. I really do appreciate it.

Jun 09, 2016 at 08:25 AM
WiredMike
• •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Shooting shots of shooting

If you ever make your way to Lexington let me know. Have a nice Smith and Wesson .500 that would lite up crazy for these kind of shots.
Hey us Kentucky boys gotta stick together!

Jun 09, 2016 at 01:24 PM
Blakemore
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Shooting shots of shooting

WiredMike wrote:
If you ever make your way to Lexington let me know. Have a nice Smith and Wesson .500 that would lite up crazy for these kind of shots.
Hey us Kentucky boys gotta stick together!

You got it Mike! I'll actually be there at the Lexington Center on July 14th-16th. Unfortunately, I'll be working my company's trade show so won't really be able to break away. The show is free though, if you just wanted something to do. Oh, and if you happen to like big trucks.

You can check it out here... Expedite Expo

Jun 09, 2016 at 01:45 PM
xjetjock
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Shooting shots of shooting

Very cool images. I like number 1 best. Very good lighting. I shoot so I know how difficult it is to time these images.

Jun 11, 2016 at 10:09 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.