Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2016 · Alvord Forces

Scrumhalf
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Alvord Forces

Fantastic stuff, Mark! The Alvord has been on my to-visit list for a while now! I might need to pick up a 4x4 before venturing there though. I'm not sure I want to risk it in my Ford Focus, especially if a rainstorm turns the place into quicksand.

Jun 06, 2016 at 08:33 AM
kurt765
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Alvord Forces

Mark Metternich wrote:
I use "THE Lightning Trigger."

Lightning Trigger IV? That's the guy that owns the trademark on "Lightning Trigger" I think. That's the one I have. I haven't used it with my Sony cameras yet, but have captured a few spectacular bolts with my 5d3.

Jun 06, 2016 at 09:38 AM
Mark Metternich
• • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Alvord Forces

rick_reno wrote:
Beautiful shots Mark.

A big thank you Rick!

Scrumhalf wrote:
Fantastic stuff, Mark! The Alvord has been on my to-visit list for a while now! I might need to pick up a 4x4 before venturing there though. I'm not sure I want to risk it in my Ford Focus, especially if a rainstorm turns the place into quicksand.

Thank you! Awesome, you will love it. As long as you have all wheel drive or 4WD you are good. But when the monster storms come rolling in, be ready to rip out of there! I just shot it again a day ago and again got amazing lightning and even mammatus clouds! But (again) as soon as I got the shot the storm hit hard and I barely got off the playa. In 3 minutes the whole place was a lake again!!! No joke! I drove like 80 until I got off it and then in about another minute it was a shallow lake... One person was stuck out there. But the good thing was that the playa was so thirsty that by the next morning one could drive on it again...

kurt765 wrote:
Lightning Trigger IV? That's the guy that owns the trademark on "Lightning Trigger" I think. That's the one I have. I haven't used it with my Sony cameras yet, but have captured a few spectacular bolts with my 5d3.

The Lightning Trigger

I have their best one.

Another idea is to put a ND on and shoot back to back longer exposures. This works well too... I did this the last 2 nights as I forgot the trigger and we have been getting nice electrical storms in Eastern Oregon...

Have fun out there!

Jun 07, 2016 at 01:45 PM
wbrad
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Alvord Forces

Sweet! I really like the colours and tones in the first. It's also a wonderful composition.

Wayne

Jun 08, 2016 at 05:41 AM
Mark Metternich
• • • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Alvord Forces

wbrad wrote:
Sweet! I really like the colours and tones in the first. It's also a wonderful composition.

Wayne

Thank you Wayne.

Jun 14, 2016 at 05:08 PM
aFeinberg
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Alvord Forces

Fun stuff. Way to get after it

aF

Jun 14, 2016 at 05:26 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Alvord Forces

Both are impressive Mark with the first my pick

Morris

Jun 14, 2016 at 07:13 PM
Ton Hung
• • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Alvord Forces

nice shot

Jun 14, 2016 at 11:44 PM
       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.