p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Sell 80d / buy 7d2??

The 100-400 II with 1.4x TC on the 5DSR is no slouch:

Jun 04, 2016 at 02:38 AM
CanadaMark
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Sell 80d / buy 7d2??

borno wrote:
I think their AF test is a joke. Who in the heck clamps a camera to a tripod while some clown zigs around in front of the camera. The same test on the new nikon D500 had all 16 frames OOF, and they thought that was a great feature, 11 OOF on the 80D was a fail.

Coming up with a reliable, objective, AF test is nearly impossible. The takeaway is that many other cameras don't seem to have a problem with it, so when a whole bunch of other cameras do just fine, and one doesn't, it's far more likely that the camera is the problem.

Jun 04, 2016 at 10:47 AM
borno
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Sell 80d / buy 7d2??

CanadaMark wrote:
Coming up with a reliable, objective, AF test is nearly impossible. The takeaway is that many other cameras don't seem to have a problem with it, so when a whole bunch of other cameras do just fine, and one doesn't, it's far more likely that the camera is the problem.

So the D500 has a problem I guess, or like other action cameras, it was made to be held and pointed with your hands,eyes and brain.

Jun 04, 2016 at 03:42 PM
CanadaMark
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Sell 80d / buy 7d2??

borno wrote:
So the D500 has a problem I guess, or like other action cameras, it was made to be held and pointed with your hands,eyes and brain.

The idea is to try take human error out of the equation, which is why they do the tests like that. I think everyone realizes it isn't ideal, but it's one of the few things that can be done to help remove uncontrolled variables from the tests.

Jun 05, 2016 at 11:22 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.