Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2016 · 5DSR does big & small

StillFingerz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · 5DSR does big & small

Tony, impressive...you and that 'R' rock!

Jun 03, 2016 at 06:16 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · 5DSR does big & small

dorian wrote:
Eagle images are a bit noisy, is that generally indicative of 5DS R at in real world conditions?

Considering the original image, that ain't bad for noise.

Jun 04, 2016 at 02:28 AM
jkochuni
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · 5DSR does big & small

Beautiful captures. Love the detailed reflections in the hummingbird's eyes. Have you had much luck capturing any hummers in flight with the 5DSR?

Jun 04, 2016 at 07:25 AM
Zenon Char
• • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · 5DSR does big & small

Superb IQ and shots. Too many decisions. This would put me in a permanent FF and I would not have to worry about losing reach from giving up a crop camera. A lot of crop power until I get a 500mm or better. I have a few questions.

1. How are you finding being limited to 5 FPS? You have some nice BIF's. I don' really need 14 FPS the 1DX II has. I was hoping for 8.

2. How is the AF? I figure initial is good but how is the burst being 5 FPS. Accurate and consistent?

3. Did you have to buy a new computer?

4. Could I get few Raw files of that last post or any that the matches the bird size within the frame? I'll understand if you say no. Thanks in advance.

Jun 04, 2016 at 07:56 AM
Zenon Char
• • • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · 5DSR does big & small

Pixel Perfect wrote:
I'm currently in Canada on holidays and I'd just like to say the 5DsR is IMO simply brilliant camera no matter what subject you care to tackle. I have been using it as my go to camera even for birding over the 1DX 80% of the time. The AF performance is very good, the IQ is simply superb and I'll state that there is no need for Canon to make the 5D3 any more. The sensor is much better and there is no need to worry about high ISO noise. The effective DR is better and images I would
...Show more

So you find the AF good? Compared to the 5D3. Better or the same? Is the initial AF acquisition accurate? I don't mind giving it a second to settle before I shoot. How are the subsequent bursts? Consistent and accurate?

Jun 04, 2016 at 08:03 AM
Zenon Char
• • • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · 5DSR does big & small

I downloaded the manual. I see several dual type cross AF points. The chart says when you put on a TC with the 100-400 II you get group H for f8 AF. Just want to confirm I read that correctly and I can at least use the TC. One AF point is good enough or me. Thanks in advance.

Jun 04, 2016 at 08:14 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · 5DSR does big & small

jkochuni wrote:
Beautiful captures. Love the detailed reflections in the hummingbird's eyes. Have you had much luck capturing any hummers in flight with the 5DSR?

Thanks. Hummers in flight are too easy. How about a mallard with the 100-400 II & 1.4x TC?

Edited on Jun 04, 2016 at 10:53 AM · View previous versions

Jun 04, 2016 at 09:08 AM
jkochuni
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · 5DSR does big & small

Awesome, love it! I sold my 5DS when I purchased my 1DX2, but I plan on buying another when I recoup. I definitely miss the megapixels. I think a 1DX paired with a 5DSR would make a perfect pairing.

Imagemaster wrote:
Thanks. Hummers in flight are too easy. How about a mallard with the 100-400 II & 1.4x TC?

Jun 04, 2016 at 09:12 AM
Zenon Char
• • • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · 5DSR does big & small

Imagemaster wrote:

Nice. I guess that answers my TC question. I think I may not wait for the 5D4 release. It was pending on megapixels and FPS but I think I can live with 5. Max crop power and resolution are my most important wants. I won't have to sell my 7D2 if I get the 5DS R.

Jun 04, 2016 at 09:31 AM
Zenon Char
• • • • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · 5DSR does big & small

Well I took the leap and ordered it. I don't need any info unless there is something new. Based on the manual and me owning a 7D2 it will take 10 minutes to set up

Jun 04, 2016 at 11:13 AM
M. Best
• • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · 5DSR does big & small

Woot!! Enjoy!!! I'm still debating it I want to have 2 bodies, FF and crop, or just a 5DSR. I still have a ways to go though as I need to buy a 100-400 II first.
Zenon Char wrote:
Well I took the leap and ordered it. I don't need any info unless there is something new. Based on the manual and me owning a 7D2 it will take 10 minutes to set up

Jun 04, 2016 at 11:39 AM
Zenon Char
• • • • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · 5DSR does big & small

Well I decided resolution over FPS. 8 would have been better but when. I just need a free good keepers from a shoot. We'll see. With this purchase I can afford to keep my 7D2 if I want to.

Jun 04, 2016 at 11:50 AM
John Wolff
• • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · 5DSR does big & small

Great shots. Love the 5D SR. Wish Eagles had come to the lower Hudson this year to try mine, but too warm so they stayed north. Next winter I hope, but love yours in the meanwhile.

Jun 04, 2016 at 11:51 AM
dehowie
• • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · 5DSR does big & small

So great images here! The more I use the 5DSR the more I love the camera.
Agree coupled with a 1DX or XMk2 it's a great pairing.

Jun 05, 2016 at 04:16 AM
cdn1
• • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · 5DSR does big & small

Outstanding series Tony, a pleasure to view!

Don

Jun 05, 2016 at 05:38 AM
JJBub
• • • • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · 5DSR does big & small

Fantastic images, Tony! You're making the 5DsR really sing!!! Way to go.

Jun 07, 2016 at 12:13 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · 5DSR does big & small

Thanks everyone.

Tony

Jun 07, 2016 at 09:23 AM
       end

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.