New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Signs

eeneryma
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Signs

I liked the geometry and colors of this one, not sure how you feel about the out of focus signs in the background, whether they detract.

Your comments and critiques appreciated.

Steve

© eeneryma 2016

Signs of all Kinds

Jun 01, 2016 at 09:13 PM
beavens
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Signs

I like the geometry as well as the interesting comp with the signs seemingly all upon each other. The OOF background signs don't bother me in the least because my eyes mainly lock on the "STOP" both due to the sharpness and the fact that my brain is conditioned to stop at these signs.

Might be a bit on the cool side in terms of color, and you probably want to check your white point.

You KNOW this had to be coming, but with the geometry and tones present a had no choice but to drop the color for you.

I have become a broken record (or photographer?).

Cheers!

Jeff

Jun 02, 2016 at 06:52 AM
Camperjim
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Signs

I rarely comment on "street" photography, but this one I like a lot. Great shapes, patterns, and colors. The OOF is just on the edge of annoying. If it was mine, I would probably fix the OOF. I would first try edges in Topaz Simplify. If that did not work, I would use Photoshop and burn in the edges on the lettering. That sounds slow but with the shift tool it would be relatively quick.

Jun 02, 2016 at 07:07 AM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Signs

beavens wrote:
I like the geometry as well as the interesting comp with the signs seemingly all upon each other. The OOF background signs don't bother me in the least because my eyes mainly lock on the "STOP" both due to the sharpness and the fact that my brain is conditioned to stop at these signs.

Might be a bit on the cool side in terms of color, and you probably want to check your white point.

You KNOW this had to be coming, but with the geometry and tones present a had no choice but to drop the color for you.

I have become
...Show more

Hey Jeff and thanks for your suggestions, including B&W. Amazing what a stark difference between color and B&W. I'm a hard nut to crack in deciding this option. I'm wired to color, but always appreciate a well done B&W. Thanks again.

Steve

Jun 02, 2016 at 07:13 AM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Signs

Camperjim wrote:
I rarely comment on "street" photography, but this one I like a lot. Great shapes, patterns, and colors. The OOF is just on the edge of annoying. If it was mine, I would probably fix the OOF. I would first try edges in Topaz Simplify. If that did not work, I would use Photoshop and burn in the edges on the lettering. That sounds slow but with the shift tool it would be relatively quick.

Hey Jim and very much appreciate your suggestions. The only Topaz product I have used is DeNoise which I like a lot and use frequently. I'll check out Simplify to see if it does the trick. I agree that if the lettering was a bit sharper it would improve the photo. Love all the "tricks" that people on this forum have up their sleeves, and how generously they offer them.

Steve

Jun 02, 2016 at 07:20 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.