New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · RoveLight + Yongnuo 622 TX

Chris Court
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · RoveLight + Yongnuo 622 TX

Anyone using this combo… do you set the TX to SuperSync mode? And if so, what offset do you use?

thx
C

May 30, 2016 at 11:14 PM
kv9f68
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · RoveLight + Yongnuo 622 TX

I currently use that combo but haven't used SS mode. Is there any reason you'd rather use that than just the HSS mode? That's what I use when higher shutter speeds are needed and it seems to work fine.

May 31, 2016 at 05:27 AM
Chris Court
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · RoveLight + Yongnuo 622 TX

I'm getting a dark band across one side of my shots when I shoot above 250 with the YN triggers set to manual mode.

What physical arrangement of triggers do you use? I have mine set up with the TX in the hotshoe, and a regular 622 with the RL trigger mounted on it in my pocket.

Any other thoughts as to what might be the cause of this? Yes, the RL is in HSS mode.

C

May 31, 2016 at 07:47 AM
hijazist
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · RoveLight + Yongnuo 622 TX

I am using a regular trigger on the camera's hotshoe while the RL remote is piggybacked on it. Works like a charm.

This is a long thread about the RL600 on POTN where they discuss all trigger combinations:

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1393390

Hope this helps

Jun 01, 2016 at 12:47 AM
kv9f68
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · RoveLight + Yongnuo 622 TX

C,

Well if you're getting a dark band, evidently the HSS isn't kicking in.

With my set-up I have the TX in the hotshoe set to HSS (I haven't even messed with SS) and the 622 tethered to the 600 via the sync port. You might to try the same instead of having the 622 mounted on the RL trigger. I haven't tried this, but maybe it'll work since hijazist doesn't seem to have a problem with that configuration.

Also make sure that the Rovelight itself is set to HSS.

And that link that was provided has a ton of info about various setups if you can find the time to go through it. Sorry if I couldn't help more.

Kevin

Jun 01, 2016 at 06:28 AM
Chris Court
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · RoveLight + Yongnuo 622 TX

Thanks for the suggestions (and link), guys. I guess I'll keep trying different combinations until I strike one that works for me.

C

Jun 01, 2016 at 10:25 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.