• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · portrait

spontaneous grab
pose?
lighting?
processing?
other thoughts?

btw, a bit of greenish fringe from CA, now reduced but not eliminated, using LR4. Suggestions on further elimination?

Thx
Scott

GoetzPhotoz 2016

May 25, 2016 at 07:57 PM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · portrait

sbeme wrote:
spontaneous grab
pose?
lighting?
processing?
other thoughts?

btw, a bit of greenish fringe from CA, now reduced but not eliminated, using LR4. Suggestions on further elimination?

Thx
Scott

This pretty lady gave to you very generously in her pose and expression. I feel a strong connection and warmth between you and your subject. She is very comfortable, and it is genuine.

Two things to consider. The bright window is pulling my eye away. You might consider reducing the brightness. My other comment is about the orange color cast as well as the green fringing that you mentioned. I'm no expert on this, but perhaps adjusting the white balance is a consideration, unless the warm orange cast is part of the mood that you are seeking to set.

Steve

May 25, 2016 at 09:03 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · portrait

+1 @ Steve.

Might look at some crop of the left side to reduce the mass of the window. Reducing the tonal value sometimes turns into a gray mess, so the mass reduction can be an alternate strategy. That, or maybe apply a tint (blue sky or warm golden) to the window to pull it down a bit.

Anyway, the capture of the facial expression and lovely lighting renders this very nice.

Fill flash or another window for the specular highlight?

May 25, 2016 at 09:43 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · portrait

The technicals are already covered so I just want to say what a sweet capture this is.

May 26, 2016 at 09:45 AM
lighthound
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · portrait

ben egbert wrote:
The technicals are already covered so I just want to say what a sweet capture this is.

^^^
What he said.

There is a ton of warm love in that pretty face.

Hmmm... Now I'm hungry for some milk and cookies?

Dave

May 26, 2016 at 09:51 AM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · portrait

OK, full disclosure, now that I am less concerned about biasing the input.
This is my wife. She hates to have her picture taken and is not photogenic like my grandson. She never likes how she looks. But she liked this one!

As for the technicals, I will work on the window. I did experiment with quite a few black point selections. Both top layers are pretty neutral black/gray. But you know how you get different adjustments from targeting different areas. I agree it is a bit warm/orange, although most of the hair color looks right to me. Since she likes it I probably will keep the color temp as is.

thanks
Scott

May 26, 2016 at 09:14 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · portrait

Imo, shooting spouses is a tough gig.

She likes it ... then it is the perfect pic.

May 27, 2016 at 08:21 AM
beavens
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · portrait

I think it's a lovely capture and she looks like a very warm and caring person.

The eyes, slight tilt of the head and coy smile speak volumes even though I know nothing about your wife. The eye color reminds me very much of your grandson - beauties!

That light from the right - is that natural light? If so, any reason why you didn't want her facing it? I feel that even a little reflector fill would do wonders here!

But what we say doesn't matter at all if she loves the shot.

One day I'll get my wife in front of the camera too!

Jeff

May 27, 2016 at 09:44 AM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · portrait

Jeff,
all natural light
we were actually in a chicken coop, or something like that. I looked over, liked the light and the expression
if I had posed her at all......well it never works with her

Scott

May 27, 2016 at 08:29 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · portrait

sbeme wrote:
we were actually in a chicken coop, or something like that.

Sounds like a recipe for a studio design.

Actually, I'm brewing up a design for a future studio ... and it may not be that far off from an oversized version.

May 28, 2016 at 10:35 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.