Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · FS: Leica 50mm f2.8 Elmar *Open to all offers*

jstevenp
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · FS: Leica 50mm f2.8 Elmar *Open to all offers*

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   Leica 50mm f2.8 Elmar - open to offers!

Available

Price: $1.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 8 Well used - may exhibit "dings" or finish marks

Leica 50mm f2.8 Elmar in M mount, collapsible.

I received this lens with an M3, but have decided to go with a different lens. When I purchased the lens it was in rough shape, but I sent it in for CLA by Youxin Ye just a few weeks ago. See below the write up of the lens condition as received, and lens condition after CLA. I can attest that image quality has not been affected, and the lens performs well indeed.

"Lens - CLA'd, cleaned and lubricated focus helical, focus action is good now. Cleaned aperture blades removed old lubricant on the blades. Aperture blades are clean now. Cleaned each element in the lens to the best we can. The inside is clean and clear now, the front and rear element outer surface has some fungus etch into the coating, those do not come off from cleaning. Tested the lens with digital M body, lens is in focus and produce good images. Despite the fungus signs on the front and rear element surfaces, the lens still performs well."

As you can see in the photos below, there is etching/coating loss in small areas around the outside edges of the glass, but again, the lens performs very well. If you aren't satisfied with the photos, I can send additional photos of the glass. Again, this is a user condition lens and a good price for a great functioning lens. The glass is far from perfect however.

Open to offers!

Price includes PayPal fees and Shipping costs.

May 24, 2016 at 05:51 PM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.